Jealousy

I stayed up the rest of the night. The nightmare or.. I guess it was real but the event kept playing again and again in my head. They both were demons.. I know that much but why now? Why me.. stupid question. I already knew the answer. Its because I'm a fucking beacon. I continued trudging way to English class. Dametri never texted me last night either. Maybe he lost interest? I mean.. there are so many pretty girls here. I sighed as I open up the doors to the English hall. Why should I care? Been alone this whole time. Doesnt matter. I walked down the hall and into the classroom.

Mr. Roberts smiled as he sat at his desk and said, "Eliana, you're early today! Go ahead and take your seat." I nodded silently and turned to walked down the aisle. There sat Dametri talking to a very pretty red headed girl. She smiled at everything he had to say.. jealousy stirred in my every breath as I walked closer and closer to my seat. She smiled as she twirled her hair in her fingers.. I sat down as she continued to talk, "Well Dametri.. if you have the time, you should come to one of our games." I watched out of the corner of my eye. She touched his shoulder. He looked down at her hand and gave her a warm smile as she continued, "You could watch me cheer, itd be fun." He grinned as he turned the pages of his book then responded, "Possibly." Mr. Roberts stood up and said, "Please take your seats." She giggled then walked away. I watched her as she walked. Short blue skirt, black button up top, and legs that went on for days. Top it off she bounces when she walks. Unfortunately for me and a sweatshirt. Super attractive. I shook my head and grabbed my book. I felt Dametri looking at me and I heard him quietly say, "Good morning, Eliana." I glanced at him.. Black hair slicked back.. Leather jacket white shirt and blue jeans. I averted my eyes then said, "Good morning." He laughed then said, "Looks like theres a chill in the room. Is something the matter?" I shook my head then said, "No. Had trouble sleeping last night." Mr. Roberts cleared his throat then said, "Today you will be reading with your partners." Just. My. Fucking. Luck. I glared into an empty space. Mr. Roberts continued, "Now turn to your partners and begin. I'll be walking around the room to see who's really paying attention and working." I let my head fall into my hands and sighed.

I turned toward Dametri as he whispered, "Did I do something wrong?" I bit my lip then said, "No. Tired. Let's get this done." His jaw dropped slightly then he said, "Okay."

He started his lines as romeo.
"If I profane with my unworthiest handThis holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready standTo smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."
He reached for my hand. I didnt hesitate. Stupid body. I looked into his eyes, he lifted my hand and kissed it. My heart stopped. His breath tickled my hand and goosebumps traveled up my arm. He smiled as he let it go. I tried to control the blush that was surely headed to my cheeks.

I spoke as Juliet..
"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,Which mannerly devotion shows in this;For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss."
He grin widened as I spoke.

He continued.. my breath hung on his every word..
"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too."
This exchange continued until class was over. When everyone began to stand to leave, I realized how close we were sitting. Arms touching, legs as well. I looked up to see that girl staring. Clearly irritated. She walked out of the room in a huff. I gathered my things. How could he break your anger so easily. He stood up and smiled then said, "See you tonight." I walked out without saying another word. I didnt bother to look at his expression.

I walked to my math class and tried to ignore my thoughts of him. It's easy to fall for someone like him. I was too distracted in my thoughts for anything else. At least it got my mind off of last night.

Class was short and uneventful. I walked to my car and continued my day with work. Working at the library was easy enough. Check in books, check out.. return them to the shelves. It was repetitive but easy nonetheless.   My phone buzzed, I took a glance. Random number.. Hello Eliana. Its Dametri.. I'm not sure if I did something to upset you but I'm sorry.. I would still love to see you.

I texted back trying to hide my phone under the desk.
How can you be sorry for something if you dont know what you did?

Dametri responded fast
I'm not sure what I did but I could tell you were upset in class.

I responded back
You dont even know me. How could you tell if I were upset.

Dametri responded
If you weren't mad you wouldn't have left without a word. It seems off.. but I could be wrong. Hope your day at work goes well.

I responded
Thanks.

He seems to know everything. Smart ass. I finished work at 8 and headed to my dorm. I stopped midway and breathed. Theres no reason to be jealous you idiot. It was one date. Not even a date. Jesus. He has every right to do as he pleases. Stop acting like a dumb ass. I grabbed my phone and called him. I nearly hung up.. he answered after the first ring, "Hey Eliana.. what's up?" I breathed in as I sat down on the nearest bench then said, "Would you still like to go out?" It took him a moment to respond. My leg shakes as I waited.. then he spoke, "Yeah. I'd like that. Meet you in 10?" I smiled then said, "See you then."