Chapter 20; Everything at place?

chapter

_Unedited_

~Eleanor~

I run after Aaron, feeling miserable. The aching pain I feel is hard to bear and for the first time in my life, I have no clue how am I going to fix the mess I made.

I yell his name, but he doesn't dare to turn around neither stop in his tracks, as if he is isolated from the world, in a trance.

"Aaron, please listen to me." I yell again, this time he turns back, his face guarded by emotions "Not now, Ellen." His voice is sad.

Now I am sure, I messed up big time and it is probably beyond repair.

We will never be just-friends like we used to be, never.

Oh God, please help me.

I send my plea to the upper hand for I feel sane no more. After processing those words with quite a lot of effort due to the hysteria I was in, I choose to comply. Tears start falling again, the second he turn back on his heels and starts walking away. I feel like I am losing him even more by each passing second, and at every step he is taking against me.

I think I am lost, and I don't know how long I've been out here, the same spot I felt the feeling of utter hatred and remorse consuming me. I look around and see that the bell has rung, kids are scurrying out on the field for their physical development slot. I hastily wipe my face off for any trace of having a mental breakdown and start walking in the direction of the school's building.

I walk past the school's crowd who are now staring at me as if I am an extra-terrestrial that has landed on earth by mistake. I hope my face doesn't give away too much. I bow my head down and hastily walk along the school's hall, I enter history's class and found out the teacher has yet to arrive. As soon as I spot Miranda looking at me, and the confusion written all over her face, I quickly turn around and start walking to the girls' restroom.

Unluckily, I found Rebecca fixing her gloss as soon as I put my foot in the secluded area. One look and she is at my side, drenched in worry.

"Oh my god, what's wrong Ellen?" she asks. I have nothing else to do than cry even more, the junior girls we don't know, gives us a weird look and leave the restroom immediately.

God, I don't want this news to spread all around Berkeley.

Rebbie soothingly rubs her palms up and down my back, trying to calm me down so that I can tell her what triggered my emotions to go for a ride to hell. I just shake my head and willingly take her for a hug. She holds me in place for a while until I shush down.

"Rebbie, I messed everything up." I start and she frowns at me.

"What do you mean, you messed everything?" she queried.

"Rebbie, Aaron knows." My voice soon breaks down into a soft sob. As if getting what I am trying to say she asks for more, and I start explaining.

"Austin and I broke up." The shock on her face is understandable because she thought we are quite compatible and looked cute together. I take her silence as the sign to continue;

"We had a rough conversation and I ended up telling Austin my ulterior motive to get in a relationship with him in the first place, and Aaron heard our conversation." I confess.

"And he just doesn't want to talk to me and he didn't even wait to hear my explanation, he just bailed on me and I don't know what to do. Please help me Rebbie, I don't want to lose him." I end up in another fit of breakdowns.

I am breaking all the previous records of hysterical collapses in just one day.

"I understand how you're feeling right now love, but we can't turn back time to change the past. Let bygone be bygone and move on. Maybe all that has happened is for your own good. And don't worry I'll call him to let you explain and pick back the pieces of your friendship and mend it again." She assures me and I nod.