Wolves Moon - 1

"This is Laura. Leave a message at the beep."

I grunt in exasperation as Laura went to voicemail again. "Laura it's Isabelle. You know your cousin who'd you promised to be home by now so you could help me pick out an outfit for school tomorrow!" I glanced up at the clock on my wall realizing how late it was.

"Just call me."

I cut the message short and climbed into bed, grabbing the controller and turning on the TV. I'll wait her up if I have to.

My name is Isabelle Hale. And I'm a werewolf.

My family name is kind of famous in my hometown of Beacon Hills, California. It's a pretty small town where everyone knows everyone.

The reason why my family name is famous here is because of what happened six years ago.

Six years ago, most of my family died in an arson fire. My aunt Talia was the alpha of my pack. The Hale Pack.

Almost a dozen members of my family died in that fire.

When it happened Derek, Laura and I were in school. Derek and Laura are my older cousins. My mom and dad picked us straight up. I was relieved that they weren't in the family house in the woods that day.

Now there are two ways you can become an alpha; you steal an alphas power which basically mean you kill them. Or you inherit them.

Because my Aunt Talia died, Laura as the oldest of Talia's children became the alpha.

My uncle Peter was the only one who survived the fire.

But he's badly burned. And still currently burned. Us werewolves can heal easy, but fire is different. Sometimes we can't heal depending on how severe it is.

My mom, Andrea Hale, is the second oldest of her siblings, Talia was her big sister and Peter her little brother.

My mom met my dad in college. Imagine the surprise when it turned out he was the same. Us werewolves have a heighten sense of smell, so we are able to easily tell when there are werewolves around.

Anyway, they met, dated, got married, had me, and moved to beacon hills since it's where my mom was from.

But after the fire, Derek and Laura moved away, on the run of the Argents. A family of hunters.

We've always thought they were responsible for the fire. We know they are. My parents and I ran too. The five of us left beacon hills and moved to New York, to be as far away as possible.

But the whole point of our pack was to protect Beacon hills from danger. And my mom wanted to do that.

So, after a year of living in New York, and learning from friends (my friends' parents) that the remaining argents had left we went back. Laura and Derek stayed, so even though we were across the country we were still in the same pack.

I reconnected with my friends (never lost touch with them) and have been living here in peace for the past 5 years.

But a few months ago, my mom found out that a bunch of animals were being found dead with spiral symbols burned on the. In werewolf tongue it's a symbol for revenge.

So, Laura came by around October from New York to investigate who it's from because she thinks it's a message to our family.

Laura's been staying with us, and it was amazing to have her here.

She left a couple of hours ago to meet someone in the woods and my mom went to my high school -- she's the sophomore English teacher -- because she was roped into some last minute first day of spring semester school things. She's supposed to meet her straight after per Laura's request.