Magic Bullet - 1

"If Derek isn't the alpha...if he's not the one who bit you...then who did?"
Stiles whispers to me and Scott. We were in history, waiting to get our results from our latest test. I just know I failed.

"I don't know." I replied a bit annoyed. He's been asking questions all day. He and Scott were surprised that I had kept it a secret, but they understood. I had kept all of this a secret all my life. It was just strange having other people know.

"Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?" Scott sighed glumly. "I don't know."

"Does Allison's dad know about the Alpha?"

"I don't know!" Scott yelled out angry, drawing some attention.

I took my paper from our history teacher and sighed when I saw I got a D. I knew it.

"Jeez..." I muttered as Stiles took glances my paper and Scott's, who got worse than me.

"You two need to study more!"

The two of us glare at him, there really isn't time to study with everything going on. With him and his werewolf training, the alpha, and the hunters I'm surprise I have the time to get dressed in the morning.

"That was a joke. It's one test! You're gonna make it up. Do you want help studying?"

I nodded. I turn around and put my paper down. "If there's ever time."

Scott shook his head. "No, I'm studying with Allison after school today."
Stiles beamed proudly. "That's my boy!"

"We're just studying."

Stiles scoffed lightly. "Uh, no, you're not."
Scott frowned. "No, I'm not?" He questioned confused. Oh Scott.

Stiles shook his head "Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you! If you go to her house today and squander that colossal opportunity, I swear to God, I'll have you de-balled."

Scott sighed. "Okay. Just... stop with the questions, man."

Stiles nodded.

"Done. No more questions. No more talk about the Alpha, or Derek...especially Derek..." I chuckled. "Who still scares me..."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"So let me get this straight, you're scared of my cousin?" I ask with a laugh as Stiles, and I walk to his car. "Really?"

"If you weren't his cousin, so would you

"If you weren't his cousin, so would you." Stiles defends as we hopped in, and he started the car.

"Okay I guess he's a little broody-"

Stiles gave me a pointed look. "Okay he's very broody-" I admitted. "But that's just because of- OH MY GOD!"

I screeched when Derek just appeared of out nowhere. Stiles hit the brakes and I hoped out as everyone started beeping.

"Oh, my God!" Stiles exclaimed startled.
"You've gotta be kidding me. This guy's everywhere."

I rushed to Derek who collapsed on the ground, "Why do I smell blood?" I asked wearily as Scott appeared by my side.

"I was shot." Derek replied, he sounded bad.

"He's not looking so good, dude..."

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott asked as I put a hand to Dereks forehead, he was burning up.

Derek groaned. "I can't. It was-it was a different kind of bullet."

Stiles's eyes widen excitedly. "A silver bullet?!"

I gave him a glare. "That doesn't work!"

Thats just a myth. It was probably started by werewolves to figure out who were hunters back in the day.

"Wait, wait-- that's what she meant when she said you had forty-eight hours..." Scott said in realization.

"What?" I questioned. "Who-who said forty-eight hours?"

"The one who shot him."

Derek groaned, his eyes turning blue, even as he tried stopping it.

Scott looked around nervously. "What are you doing? Stop that!"

"I'm trying to tell you-- I can't." Derek hissed. Crap, crappity, crap.

Scott and I grabbed his arms and dragged him to the passenger seat of the Jeep.

I closed the door and faced Scott.  "I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used."

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" Scott exclaimed.

"Cause she's an Argent. She's with them." Derek responded from inside the car.

"Why should I help you?" Scott pointed to Derek.

"Because you need me." Derek said weakly.

Scott sighed. "Fine. I'll try."

I went to the other side of the car and climbed to the backseat.

"Hey, come on let's get out of here." I ordered of Stiles patting him on the shoulder.

Stiles groaned at me. "I hate you for this so much."