Magic Bullet - 2

I had to text my mom and let her in on what was happening, and she said to bring him to our place so she can check on him.

"Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay?!" Stiles reprimanded Derek who was taking off his jacket, I looked at my new message from Scott who said he needed more time and threw the phone in the seat next to me angry.

"We're almost there."

"Almost where?" Derek panted.

"My house."

Derek looked at me alarmed. "What? No, you can't take me there." I scoffed.

"Why the hell not?"

"I don't want to put you or Andi in danger."

I chuckled. "Derek we're Hales, we're always in danger."

Stiles seemed to have had enough of our banter and pulled over on the side of the road.

"All right. What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?" Stiles demanded to know.

"Not yet. I have a last resort."

"What do you mean? What last resort?" Stiles asked as Derek pulled up his sleeve. I put a hand to my mouth when I saw the bullet wound and the blood. I covered my nose in disgust, the smell was practically amplified through my nose.

Stiles gaged in disgust, backing away a little. "Oh, my God. What is that?"

"Oh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out."
Derek turned his head slowly at Stiles and started to growl.

"Start the car. Now."

Stiles gaped at him. "I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look, okay? In fact, I think, if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little Werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead."

I gave him a shocked expression and was about to say something before Derek started growling again.

"Start the car...or I'm gonna rip your throat out...with my teeth."

Thankfully stiles took that as a threat and gave a glare before starting the car.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"He doesn't want to go home Scott; I don't know what the hell to do with him." I exclaim loudly into the phone.

"Take him somewhere. Anywhere."

"And, by the way, he's starting to smell." Stiles yelled out, grabbing my hand and thrusting the phone to his ear.

"Like-like what?"

"Like death." Derek gave him a weak glare, clearly offended.

I pulled back and put the phone to my ear. "Okay. Take him to the animal clinic."

"What about your boss?"

"He's gone by now. There's a spare key in the box behind the dumpster."
Stiles hid a chuckle as I pass Derek the phone.

"You're not gonna believe where he's telling us to take you." Stiles muttered.

"Did you find it?"

"How am I supposed to find one bullet? They have a million! This house is like the frickin' Walmart of guns!"

"Look, if you don't find it, then I'm dead, all right?"

"I'm starting to think that wouldn't be such a bad thing..."

"Scott!"

"Then think about this-- the Alpha called you out against your will. He's gonna do it again. Next time, either you kill with him, or you get killed. So, if you wanna stay alive, then you need me. Find the bullet."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

When we got to the animal clinic, the key was where Scott said it would be and my mom met us there. Between the two of us, we helped Derek inside the clinic, sitting him down on the nearest thing which happened to be dog food.

"Does Northern Blue Monkshood mean anything to you?" Stiles asked as he looked down at his phone. My mom and I looked at each other and I ran a hand over my face.

And this is why I had to learn all the different types of wolfsbane.

"It's a rare form of wolfsbane." My mom explained lightly, taking the phone and typing in instructions for Scott.

"He has to bring the bullet." I explained to Stiles, putting my hands on my sides.

"Why?"

I looked back at Derek and sighed heavily.

"Cause he's going to die without it."