Wolves Moon - 2

My mom was the one who found Laura, but those joggers were on the same path so she had to leave her for them to find, her first half any way.

Moms phone apparently died while she was at school. Which explains why she wasn't answering the phone when I called her the first 10 times. She still had to go in for work. Oh, and Stiles texted me last night, apparently Scott got bit in the woods, by a werewolf.

I look down at my hand and rub the spot where my tattoo was, I know I might be a bit young for a tattoo, but I got it with Laura when she was here. It won't be long before they find the....the....the rest of her, and Stiles realizes where he's seen the matching tattoo on her left arm.

Okay enough future events talk. I just need to get through this day without thinking of the fact that my cousins dead, half of her body's still out there, and that there's an alpha out there, and the fact that Derek will probably come back into town, or already is, or the fact that Scott might now die or become a werewolf. Nope definitely not going to think of that.

I force a smile on my face as I look at myself in the mirror. I cried myself to sleep last night, so my eyes were red and puffy. Laura is - was - like my big sister. The one I never had. And now she's gone. God we were supposed to watch Supernatural when she came back. It's our thing.

I exhaled a shaky breath and applied some makeup to hide the evidence of my puffy eyes. I didn't have to strength to figure out what to wear to school so I tossed on the first thing I found. A black shirt and jeans. Along with Laura's sweater, from her suitcase in the guest room. It still smelled like her.

There was a knock on the doorway. "Are you ready?" Mom asked from the doorway of my room. She to had cried with me to sleep. She was dressed up for school in a blazer and a face of makeup to hide the crying evidence.

I sighed as I pressed my lips to my small tattoo for some good luck and stood. "No." I grabbed my bag and gave mom a shrug. "But I'm a Hale, so let's do it."

The drive to school was a silent one. Neither one of us really wanted to talk. Dad was gonna see if he could find whatever part that was left of Laura before the cops did. Hopefully before they make an identification and figure out she's our relative. We're thinking they only found the bottom half, after all they haven't called us yet.

"Did you call Derek?" I asked trying to make some small talk on the way to school.

Mom nodded. "I did. He's on his way into town."

"How did he take it?"

"Like expected."

I took a breath as we pulled up to the school. The parking lot was swarming with kids reuniting after Christmas and new years break.

Christmas and New Years. I can't believe Laura won't be around for it the next time around. "Are you sure you don't want to skip school today?" Mom asked with concern.

I was about to reply no but then I saw Scott getting dropped off by his mom. And I knew I had to stay. I haven't told my parents about any of it yet mostly because I think it's just a coincidence. But if it is I have to be sure first.

"I'll be fine."

Mom didn't push anymore, and we got out and headed for the front doors of the school.
Stiles was waiting by the doors and waved to us both. "Hey Isabelle. Hi Mrs. Hale."

Mom smiled and waved, "Hi Stiles." Before proceeding inside.

"So do you really believe that Scott got bit by a werewolf?" I asked Stiles with crossed arms as Scott walked over. "Maybe. Could you imagine!"