Night School - 1

"Lock it! Lock it!" Scott exclaimed, hands roaming the double doors trying to find some sort of lock that doesn't exist.

Stiles gave him an exasperated look. "Do I look like I have a key?" 

 "Grab something!" 

"What?" I asked panicked. The first thing that came to mind was the bolt cutters that Stiles had bought to break into the school. Wait, those were left outside. Frack.

"Anything!"

I rose to my knees, peering out glass to check if the monster was there. The bolt cutters were right in front of us. It was the only object we could reach. It was either get the bolt cutters or die in school.

"No." Scott and Stiles said simultaneously when they realized what I wanted to do. 

 "Yes!" 

"Isabelle, no! Don't--!" I cut them off by opening the door and closing it silently behind me. Of all the stupid shit I've done, and I've done quite a bit, this takes the cake. Okay no Alpha in sight.

I walked down the steps and grabbed the bolt cutters, freezing when I felt it watching me. I'm so dead.

"Run!" yelled Scott and Stiles. They didn't have to tell me twice. I bolted to the door, even though I had this urge to run at the alpha and stab him with the bolt cutters.

I jumped back inside, handing over the bolt cutters quickly and Stiles jammed the door.

"Where is it?" Scott peered up. "Where did it go?"

"That won't hold, will it?" Scott asked as we stood and began too slowly back away. I shook my head, "Nope. Definitely not."

I always wondered what school looked like at night. This isn't what I meant. The school was eerily quiet and dark. Not a single soul albeit the three teenagers. A howl ran through the hallways. Scratch that- albeit the three teenagers and alpha.

We panicked and made a dash for the nearest classroom, shutting the door. 

"The desk!" Stiles ordered, pointing at the teacher's desk. We each grabbed an end of the desk and started pushing it towards the door.

"Stop, stop." Stiles whispered. "The door's not gonna keep it out." 

Scott sighed. "I know." 

Stiles pointed an accusing finger at him. "It's your boss." 

"What?" 

"Deaton? The Alpha? Your boss." 

"No." Scott denied. I nod, there's just no other explanation. I mean we had him all tied up in the back of Derek's Chevy. There is no way the two of us could have missed him sneaking away.

"Yes! Murdering psycho-Werewolf." 

"That can't be--"

Stiles interrupted. "Oh, come on! He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet through the air. That's not convenient timing?" 

"It's not him." Scott said determinately. 

 "He killed Derek." 

I shook my head at Stiles. "No, Derek's not dead. He can't be dead." I felt my heart sink.