Wolves Moon - 3

After the tryouts the three of us went back into the woods to find Scott's inhaler which he had dropped and find the body. But when we got there, I could tell there was a werewolf in the area, and I had an inkling who it was.

"Hey you guys, how about you go look for the inhaler, I'm feeling kind of sick." I lied, adding a cough to my sentence. Stiles gave me a questionable look. "You never get sick." Another perk of being a werewolf.

"Well there's a first time for everything."

"You just don't wanna see the body."

"Yes Stiles, I would not like to find the body of a woman cut in half!" I exclaim a little on edge.

Scott intervenes before I blow out another vein. "Alright, we'll be back." I nod after them and once they're far I break into a run to the Hale house.

The house belonged to my family, been in our family for generations. It might as well have been my second home. It might as well have been my home home. Mom was still a teacher in high-school back then, taught both Laura and Derek before me.

We would all carpool. Mom would always stay at school late to grade papers and suck so Laura and Derek would always pick me and Cora up from school. Then the four of us would drive to Laura and Derek's place. I'd do homework, Aunt Talia would give us another werewolf lesson, my uncle Peter would play basketball with Derek, and Laura would do my hair and Cora and I would just do sister like things.

Cora is my other cousin, she's my age. Or she was my age because she didn't go to school the day the fire happened. She was killed. Losing her was like losing a limb. She like Laura were the sisters I never had. I've had years to move on from Coras death. But Laura, God after everything that happened I didn't think I would ever lose another family member.

I skid to a stop when I'm in front of the house. It's a two story house, with a wide front porch and no neighbors around. It was peaceful. After the fire all that was left was the structure. It's not even even house anymore. I can't believe it's been standing for the past 6 years. It's a miracle it hasn't fallen.

Pushing aside my nightmares and trauma from that fateful day I muster up the strength to go in.

The sound of the creaks the wood makes as I step inside chills me. It never used to make that sound. Derek wasn't inside, but there's a smell of dog which is getting a lot stronger. "Little Izzy." Says that thick voice from behind me.

I whirl around and smiled both relieved and wanting to cry when I saw Derek.

"Oh Derek." I run to him and wrap my arms around him and he does the same. It's only really been a week since I last saw him in New York but it feels like forever. I almost don't want to let go. "I missed you." I mutter as I pull apart from him.

"I missed you too."

I quickly wiped away the forming tears around my eyes and sniffed. "When did you get in?"

Derek stuffs his hands in his pockets. "While you were in school."

I nod. Right. I being to play with my hands as I don't know exactly how to say this. "So about Laura...."

"I know, Nathan was there at the airport. He found Laura's body."

So dad did find her.

"Where...where is she?" Derek went out the door and I followed in tow. He stopped just outside the side of the house, and I spotted the wolfsbane. The small little purple flower growing from the ground.

Wolfsbane is like our sunlight to vampires. It makes us weak, just enough of it can send us down. Enough of it can kill us. "Did you bury her or did Dad?"