Memories.

🌋🌋TRIGGER WARNING:IMPLIED MISCARRIAGE🌋🌋

Present day:

Emily stood still as Tony placed the nodules on her head.

"We'll start with simple stuff." He said.

He showed her a picture of the kitchen from her childhood home. Memories of holidays and birthdays began playing across the screen. A picture of her old high school, crowds of students and cigarette smoke crossed the screen. Her brother crossed the screen and images of a folded flag, a train and a military base popped up.

   "Hey Tony, Em's probably gonna need new clothes." Steve entered the room.

Emily's head snapped to him. Images began to play of him laughing, a dark alleyway. A couple kissing. Memories of them in bed together. A folded flag. And finally a scream tore through the room from the screen. Tony and Steve's heads snapped to the screen. She was remembering herself, curled up in a ball screaming crying. It changed again, there was blood, a hospital room. Howard Stark's face. An empty crib. Tony's eyes widened and he rushed towards Emily and hurriedly took the wires off of her.

Her eyes were filled with tears.

  "Can I go now?" She asked

"Yeah. My wife is in the kitchen if you need to talk. She'll understand."

She nodded, running out of the room, pushing past Steve.

"Em!"

He started after her.

"Don't!" She snapped as she continued walking.

He stopped.

"Now why would you trigger those memories in your best friend's sister?" Tony asked, trying to brush off the last memory.

   Steve gave Tony a look. Almost as though he were confirming his suspicions.