mistake

💥TW: stabbing. Death threats. . Knives. Blood💥

Emily rode through the streets of Brooklyn. Everything seemed so new until she turned down a familiar street.   Her mind seemed to play everything in black and white. She felt transported back to the 40s. She smiled as she passed the malt shop where she and Steve used to hang out, hiding from Bucky. It was closed down now. She winded down the sentimental streets on autopilot. She stopped in front of an old blue house with a worn down white fence out front.

"Home of Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes."

         Read the sign out front. She sighed and shook her head. She pushed the gate open with a shaky hand. She nearly turned around. Something was off.   She pushed through the uneasy feeling.

As she entered the house, her nose filled with dust. She coughed.

  "Christ." She whispered

She made her way to the living room.

  "All of our stuff is still here." She said

She kneeled down at the cabinet in the corner of the room and began digging. She laughed, holding Bucky's baby pictures.    She stood and grabbed three pictures from the shelf. She slipped the pictures in her bag and moved to her mother's bedroom. She slid the closet door open and began digging. She didn't want the dress, just to know it was there.

   "Found it!" She exclaimed.

"And I found you." Said a woman with a thick German accent.

Emily froze.

"Coming home, not your best move." She teased. "I expect this from your brother but you! Darling, you're a woman. We're smarter than this."

"Schmidt." Emily whispered

----------------

Bucky had fallen asleep on the couch and River was reading a book. Nat had gone to bed hours ago.

The others entered the building.

  "Where's Em?" Steve asked

"Bed." River said quietly.

Peter had run down the hall to see Nat and came back up the hall as River answered Steve.

  "No she's not." He said "Door's wide open. Bed's empty."

  "She said she was going to bed." River said, closing her book.

Tony sighed.

"FRIDAY: where is Emily Rogers?" He asked

"Mrs. Rogers left the building 4 hours ago Mr. Stark."

Steve squeezed the bridge of his nose.

    "What did she say before going to bed." He asked

  "Something about Bucky not always looking like a mop."

That didn't clear anything up for him.

  "Fuck!" He yelled.

Bucky jolted awake.

   "What?" He said sleepily.

"Sleep well?" Steve asked

He was clearly irritated.

    "What's wrong?" Bucky asked

"Your sister took off." Clint groaned

   Steve's phone rang.

  "Its Emily." He said answering it hurriedly. "Em? Where are you?"