Trigger

Steve's eyes began to open, he could feel his hands being held above his head.

  "Bucky?" He asked

"Over here." Said Bucky from across the room.

The light in the building (container?) was dim.

  "Where are we?" Steve asked

"A special place." A man's voice said "For men who kill other men's brothers."

"What?"

"Dimitri. Blew a hole right through him." The man snapped "now, you'll pay."

He ran towards Steve, jabbing a metal rod into his side. Electricity shot through the captain's body over and over until he passed blacked out.

---------

Emily poked her head out of the room and saw both men were gone.

"Hey, anyone know where my husband and brother went?" She asked

Everyone shook their heads. Vision flew in.

  "There's a body a block away." He said quietly

"What?" Emily asked "Why do we need to be notified of that?"

Vision looked down before placing a gold band in her hand. She covered her mouth to keep from screaming.

"The-" she started "Is it?"

Vision shook his head.

"No. The ring was found in the man's pocket." He said "like a warning."

"Em? You okay?" River asked

Emily showed her Steve's wedding band.
    "Someone has the boys." She whispered.

--------------------

Steve screamed in pain. It was his third "punishment" of the night. The man, Dimitri's brother laughed cruelly and left.

  Bucky, who was struggling to keep his composure, looked over to him. Bucky hadn't been hurt much but seeing Steve be hurt was torture enough.

   "When he comes back?," Bucky said "I'll get his attention on me and you...trigger me."

"What?" Steve asked "Bucky, no."

"You want out of here? Wanna get back to Emily?" He asked "Then trigger me."

Steve sighed and gave a resigned nod. Bucky wasn't backing down and he knew it.

They waited hours though they didn't know how long. They were both asleep when the door creaked open. Light shined in Steve's eyes. It was morning. The man walked towards steve, the metal rod crackling with electricity. He stuck it in Steve's side, who screamed in pain.

    "Just quit." The man said "Give up and I'll put you out of your pain."

Bucky couldn't help but at the look on Steve's face. He could hear what Steve said before he said it.

"I could do this all day." Steve gasped

The man twisted a nob on the rod and the crackling got louder. He went to press it against Steve again. Bucky's eyes widened.

"No!" Bucky yelled, a twinge of pain in his voice "No! Please. Hurt me. Shock me. Kill me if you have to but please. Please.  Don't hurt him anymore. Please."

He was begging for his friend's life.

"I'm not one to deny requests." The man said walking towards Bucky.

The minute the rod touched his skin, Bucky cried out.

"I'm sorry." Steve whispered before beginning to speak in Russian.

"Longing," he began

Bucky's eyes jerked to him.

"rusted," he continued

His eyes glazed over.

"seventeen,"

His body relaxed. He was only twitching at the pain now. Not that the electricity wielding psychopath noticed.

"daybreak,"

He held his head a bit higher.

"furnace, nine, benign, homecoming, one, freight car." Steve finished, each word making him feel worse and worse.

Bucky was completely subservient now. 

  "Mission?" He asked in Russian

"Get us free." Steve said "And make sure he can't come after us."

Bucky's face was blank as he swung his legs, kicking the man backwards. He pulled down on the chains, breaking them and landing on his feet.

This wasn't Bucky anymore.  He marched towards the man, grabbing him by the throat and throwing him towards the back of what they could now tell was a shipping container. There was a loud crack as he hit the back wall. Steve flinched.

The winter soldier walked over to Steve and yanked the chains, breaking them.

Steve hit his feet before his eyes glazed over and he fell over. Watching Steve fall broke Bucky's trance.

   "Punk?" He whispered.

He caught Steve in his arms and carried him out.

  "Come on Punk." He whispered "Let's get home to our girls."