ONE

Alone in her room in the clinic, Chastity is left to do nothing but think. So much has happened in the last months and she cant sort it all out. All she wants to do is go home and live her life like none of this ever happened, but that wont happen.

She isnt allowed back home. Kicked out of her pack because she was kidnapped and sold out information that was supposed to be kept secret. She was turned into a halfling, a half wolf half vampire being, and of course that was part of the reason she was cast out.

Now, once she gets better, she and her sister, who was also cast out, will need to find a place to go. Maybe a new pack where they wont care about her being a halfling. Maybe they will have to branch out on their own and live on the run. Maybe they can live like mountain people and survive while keeping the vampires at bay.

She doesnt know what to do or where they will go, but she does know that she wont leave her sister again. Their old Alpha didnt believe Charity when she told him she was missing. He knee she was missing and did nothing. He never did.

He would send her on errands and tell her to hurry about it. They would always pop up at random times. But she did them anyways. But almost always she would either be attacked or kidnapped and taken. She lost count of the times she was kidnapped or taken. She just knew to expect it when out on an errand.

This last time, happened a while after she was last taken. She had thought that maybe he had a new person running errands. But sadly that was wrong.

He told her he needed her to run an invitation to their sister packs Alpha for their Full Moon celebration. She was leery at first but did the job anyways. Always wanting to be on his good side. But then halfway to their sister pack, she was taken. This time was different.

She had her suspicions about Blaine's involvement in her kidnappings for a while now. He always found it odd that when her parents died they never left their money to the pack, as Blaine expected them to. Instead they left it to Charity and herself.

She suspects that Blaine has been trying to get her killed so he can off with her sister so he can get their inheritance.

Of course, she wont talk of her suspicions until she has proof but without being in the pack any longer she cant get that. She could always go to Rage, the sister packs Alpha, but she doesnt want to cause any more trouble. Shes caused enough.

She is pulled from her thoughts as the packs doctor comes in with a smile on her face.

"Your blood work came back normal and there isnt an infection. Your wounds have healed nicely. I think you are free to go." The doctor says.

"Where will I go? Blaine kicked me out of his pack." She cant help but ask.

She doesnt want to be alone. She doesnt want to be homeless. She knows that Rage said he would grant them both stay, but if he is anything like Blaine he cant be trusted.

"I have sent for your sister. She will escort you to your new home. Together you two will share a cabin and live among is. Alpha's orders." The doctor tells her. "She is bringing clothes for you to change into. Once that's done you are free to go."

She couldnt believe it. Didnt want to believe it. No Alpha in their right mind would want a halfling living among their pack. She doesnt know exactly what being a halfling will mean for her or what that will do to her body but she knows he cant really want her here.

The doctor leaves and forgets to close the door all the way. She can hear babies crying from somewhere outside her room. She frowns. They sound so pitiful.

Without thinking or realizing what she is doing, she leaves her room and follows the noise to a different room. She carefully opens the door and steps inside.

Inside are two baby beds holding two infants. From the way they are dressed she assumes they are boy and girl.

Their cries seem to get louder as she approaches them. She picks up first one baby and realized they need changed. She gets right to work. She changes first one baby then the other. She finds a chart on a table and sees that it's for feedings. Without thinking she feeds the babies, one at a time. She burps them and gets them to sleep.

Just as she lays down the last baby the door opens. She turns and stops dead in her tracks.

There in the doorway is a tall man with long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He must be one of Rages men. She diesnt recognize him so he isnt from Blaine's pack.

"What are you doing?" His gruff voice asks.

"They were crying. I couldnt help but take care of them." She says. "They were dirty and hungry. I took care of them. I apologize. I wasnt thinking."

She moves to leave the room but is stopped by a hand on her shoulder.

"You did this by yourself?" He asks her.

"Yes." She whispers. Afraid of what will happen now.

"Thank you." He says as let's her go.

She walks out of the room and back to her room to await her sisters arrival.

She shouldnt have gone in there. Now Rage will cast her out for sure. She isnt safe and should never have gone into that room with those babies. She should have just left well enough alone.