NINE

She woke hungry. Something she hadn't felt in a long while. Not since before she was taken.

She had learned to ignore the hunger and had learned to eat minimal food to survive. It's basically all she knew for the last five years. Yes, she really had dealt with the kidnappings, errands, and mistreatment of Blaine, her former Alpha, for five years.

She learned early on that she had to adapt to any given situation. That she had to know her surroundings and trust her gut. But sometimes that guy feeling wasnt strong enough to gain her attention.

This morning, not only was she hungry but her gut was speaking to her. Telling her to talk to Passion. Go to his house and talk. Help with the babies and help him. Something was telling her that he needed the help.

So she got out of bed, showered and ate a small breakfast of toast and oatmeal. A habit that was kind of forced on her. One she learned to like because it was basically all she was served.

Once her breakfast was gone, she slipped on her shoes and walked over to Passions front door and knocked. Not loudly, unsure if the babies were awake or not. She couldnt hear them, but she still didnt want to chance it.

The door opened and revealed Passion wearing only a towel. His hair was wet and dripping. She seen water droplets trail down his chest. That chest she barely seen under his tee shirt the day before.

She licked her lips. He looked delicious.

She mentally shook herself before meeting his eyes. Half expecting to feel the intense moment from before, but was pleasantly surprised when it didnt happen.

"Chastity." Her name on his lips sounded sexy.

She wanted to hear it over and over again. 

What was wrong with her? She was never overly sexual. What was it about him that had her mind stuck on sex? Was she feeling the effects of the last long stretch without the attention of a man?

He cleared his throat, pulling her from her thoughts. "Can I help you?"

Heat flooded her cheeks and she gave him a weak, embarrassed smile. "I... um... I thought I would see of you needed help with the babies."

Clearly he didnt need help. Look at him. He had showered and the house was quiet. A sure sign that he had everything under control.

She felt bad because she was hoping that he had needed her. She wanted to be around him. She didnt know why, but she did.

Now, she knew he didnt need her. He had his children to take care of. Clearly his mate wouldnt want her around the children. She knew she wouldn't. But that still didnt stop her wanting to be there.

She had wanted to follow after him last night. But she hadn't. He had scared her. But she was emotional last night and didnt want to dump on him. She didnt want to dump on anyone. Which was why she was outside alone. She needed space.

But when he showed up, she wanted to confide in him. Clearly he had his own problems and she didnt want to tell him hers as well. But he... he edfected her in a way she couldnt explain.

"Um... sure. Come in. I'll get dressed." His voice pulls her out of her thoughts.

She follows him inside, on instinct, and watches as he disappears down the hall.

In the living room, alone, she takes the chance to look around. The space is very masculine. Not a single touch of color anywhere except for the baby items strewn about. Which she finds odd. If he has a mate, why hasn't she decorated the space. Why has she allowed him to decorate as he pleases? It makes no sense.

But to distract herself while she waits, she starts picking up. More out of habit than anything. She is a very clean person and doesn't like to see a mess. It bothers her. So, cleaning his living room came naturally.

When she finished, she turned to look around and saw him leaning against the doorway between the living room and kitchen.  He looked sexy. Dark blue Jean's, black tee, messy hair. His muscles were on display as he crossed his arms over his chest. He wore a smirk. Just knowing he caught her made her blush.

"You cleaned." He says.

"Im...  I'm sorry... I just... I didnt mean to. It just happened." She stammered.

He chuckles before walking forward. "Dont apologize. I appriciate it. I meant to do that next. I just wanted a shower first."

She looks down at her hands. Fingers knotted together. She hadn't expected him to thank her. She didnt do it for the thanks. She didnt know why she did it or what she expected but that wasn't it.

She was pulled from her thoughts when a finger lifts her chin, forcing her to meet his piercing his eyes. Her heart stopped. Just looking into his eyes, she felt free.

"I mean it. I appriciate it." He mummers before lowering his head.

Before his lips touch hers, the door suddenly and Rage comes in carrying a carseat. Hes followed by one of the nurses from the clinic. Her long black hair was piled on her head in a messy bun. She was carrying the other carseat.

She jumps back from him and trips over her own feet. She falls on the floor. As she scrambles to stand, she feels warm strong hands helping her stand. She doesnt dare look. She just makes for the door.

"Im...  I'm sorry." She says as she races home.

Once alone, she slides to the floor in tears.

Why her? What was wrong with her? Why did he make her feel the things she feels? What makes him different?