TWENTY

Sirens woke them up. Loud roaring sirens. Chastity jumps out of bed and races to the room where the babies are. She carefully sits between the two cribs, where they are still amazingly sleeping through the noise. She doesn't know where Passion is, but she knows that she needs to be here for the babies.

The door opens and Passion walks in, lifts her to her feet, and kisses her quickly and soundly. He gently sets her back down on the floor before racing out of the door. She looks out the window and watches as he races into the night.

Her heart is racing and she is full of panic.

What is going on? What were those sirens? Why were they going off? What could be happening? Why would Passion just leave her without a word?

She knew he was a warrior, she knew he was needed. She just didn't want to be alone. She didn't want to sit in the house alone with the babies.

Those sirens bring back memories. Whenever she would escape from being kidnapped, or let loose, those sirens would go off. Each time she returned back to the compound, those sirens went off and it would bring warriors from Blaine to see what was happening. A few times they attacked her. A few times they beat her and she for sure thought she would be killed.

Thinking about it now, makes her realize that is was probably Blaine who sent them after her and to hurt her.

But just thinking about those memories brought back more memories. Memories of her kidnappings, her torture, her loneliness, everything from her past kept coming back.

She sat on the floor, between the cribs, hugging her knees. She was trying not to think about those memories. She was trying not to think about what was happening or that she was alone. She was trying to forget her panic. But it was still there. The fear, the panic, the loneliness. Everything kept nagging at her.

"Do not open the doors to anyone. Stay inside and keep the doors closed." She heard Passions voice in her head.

At first she was a little freaked out, but then she remembered that its part of the mates bond. They can communicate through the mind while a ways away from each other.

"What is going on?" She asked him.

Silence greeted her. She waited and waited for a response but never got one. She sat there on the floor, waiting for him to return home.

The babies started waking up. She had no idea why, but she got up, quickly took them out of the crib and placed them on the floor of their room. She changed diapers and gave them pacifiers.

Instead of placing them back in their cribs, she leaves them on the floor. She doesn't want to get up. She doesn't want someone to know she is here. She just prays that this is a drill and that whatever is happening out there isn't real.

But just as she is thinking that thought, she hears shouting and growls. She hears screams and cries form people outside. She has to fight the urge to look out the window to see what is going on. She knows that what she would see wouldn't be good. She lays between both babies, hoping to keep them quiet.

"Chastity!" She hears her sister cry from outside the cabin.

Instantly she is bolting up off the floor and out into the living room. She looks out the window and sees Charity standing on the porch. Without thinking she opens the door to allow her sister in, but instantly regrets it.

As soon as the door is open, she sees Blaine come out of no where. He holds something against her sisters throat and pushes his way inside. He gives her a wicked grin. Her panic is new and fresh again. The babies are in their room on the floor, unprotected, and she is in the living room with Blaine. An Alpha who wanted her dead.

"Its about time you opened the door. I almost thought you never would." He growls at her. "Now, we can talk about our business. But first... Where are my babies?"

"W-what? What do you mean your babies?" Chastity demands.

"Cree and Crew. My children. The children of my late wife. The children she hid from me." Blaine says.

She frowns at him. She doesn't know what he is talking about. How could Cree and Crew belong to him. They are so little and innocent. Nothing like Blaine. She doesn't see him in them. What could he possibly be thinking about these babies belonging to him.

"Passion, I am sorry. I didn't listen. But please come quick." She says in hopes of Passion hearing her.

"Where are my children?" He demands. "Once I have them, I will get down to business with the two of you."

That sends shivers down her spine. What business is that? She didn't like the sounds of that. SHe just knew that she didn't want him to get to the babies. They didn't deserve what he may or may not do to them.

"What business is that?" She asks him, hoping to distract him from the babies.

"Why your deaths of course. You sent Rage and his boys to my pack and got them to steal that money from me. The money that was rightfully mine. The money that you had no right in taking from me." He growls. "And the fact that you got them to believe that crazy story of me getting you kidnapped."

As he is talking, she opens her mind in hopes of Passion hearing what is being said. She wants him to hear what is happening and come to her rescue.

"Well, I guess it was true. After all, my vampire friends did a good job on you, but never good enough. They were supposed to kill you. They were supposed to get rid of you. Then I could have easily gotten Charity to sign over the money into my account and killed her too. I had it all planned out, but they could never kill you. I wonder why." He growls.

"Because they weren't strong enough. Because after weeks of torturing me, they opened the doors, unchained me and let me out. They let me leave their prison and led me home." She says.

"Not true. I know that cant be true. They always told me you escaped."

"Its true. I was always let go. I wouldn't lie to you about that." She says. "Smell me. You will know I am telling the truth."

Blaine lets go of Charity and leans forward. He takes a few steps in her direction, to do just that, smell her. But she takes the opening to attack.

She grabs his head and slams it into her knee. She kicks him backwards and steps on his throat, applying pressure where needed.

"On the floor in the guest room. Get them and run. Take them out of here." She cries to Charity.

As her sister takes off down the hall, she kicks Blaine in the face again. He grabs her feet and knocks her onto the ground. Before she knows what is happening, his hands are around her neck and he is squeezing. She smiles, because he doesn't know what she is. He couldn't possibly know that she is part vampire and could possibly go a long time without breathing. She reaches up and scratches down his face, while raising her knee to hit him right in between his legs. He lets a grown and falls to the side.

"Bitch." He growls.

"At your service." She says as she gets to her face and places a foot on his throat.

He reaches up and punches her in her side, making her groan in pain. She applies more pressure, watching his face turn red. Watching him clawing at her leg and foot. His legs are kicking out at her. He finally dislodges her and flips her onto her back. He jumps to his feet and steps on her throat. Hard. She struggles against his hold on her. She tries to claw and flip him off her. He just grins down at her.

She doesn't know how long she is there, under his boot, but her vision is starting to dot with black spots. Her chest is on fire with lack of air. Her throat burns from the pressure of his boot. She is quickly loosing strength. Her scratches and punches are lacking in the power they once had.

"Passion, I... I... I love you." She says in her mind as the door bursts open.

The smell of Passion fills her nose as Blaine is ripped off of her. But not soon enough, blackness surrounds her and she cant fight it off.