NINETEEN

A piercing cry fills the room, waking him up from his slumber. He stretches and rolls to get out of bed. But beside him, someone moves under his blankets. He looks over at them and smiles when he sees its Chastity. For a moment he thought that last night was just a dream.

He stood up, as another cry filled the room and was echoed by another cry. He grabbed a pair of sweats and walked out of the room.

Both babies were awake and wanting fed and changed. As he did every morning, he changed diapers, got babies dressed, and carried both babies into the living room, where he placed them into their swings. He headed into the kitchen to make bottles, but stopped. There standing, wearing one of his t-shirts, was Chastity. She was shaking two bottles at once.

Her eyes met his, and she smiled. Warmth flowed freely through him. He felt himself growing hard just looking at her. He needed to remind himself that she needed to hear what happened at her old pack last night. She needed to know what they found and what they went through. She deserved it. She deserved to know what he and a few of his warrior brothers went through to get revenge for her.

Though, he knew this wasn't the end of what happened with Blaine. He expected a war. He expected some kind of retaliation against Rage and this pack. After all he thinks Rage was stupid for accepting Chastity and Charity into the pack like he did. Even if they really hadn't done anything all that bad. It wasn't like the information was a secret. Charity had done what anyone would have done when their family was in danger, but Blaine didn't take kindly to that.

Passion had his own ideas about that.

"Good morning." He says as he heads in her direction.

He kisses her lips gently before grabbing a bottle from her and heading into the living room. He grabs Cree before sitting down on the couch to feed her. He watches as Charity grabs Crew before joining him.

Together they feed the babies. In a comfortable silence, as he doesn't know what to say, but doesn't feel like he has to say something.

"So, I take it that you accept me as your mate?" She asks., sounding almost unsure of what she just said.

"I marked you didn't I? I mated with you didn't I? Then, yes, I accept you. I accept you as you are because you are beautiful and unique." He says.

"Even though I need blood?" She asks, without meeting his eyes.

"Even though you need blood." He nods. "I don't mind that you need blood, since you will be receiving my blood with each feeding."

She frowns at him. "How?"

He smiles then. "Ari and I have figured it all out. I will be donating blood. Enough to get you through. Sometimes more, if I can spare it. She says that I can be your sole source of blood." He looks her in the eye, "I am proud to do it."

She remains silent. He doesn't know what to say to make her feel better. He wants to comfort her, but he just doesn't know how. Its been years since he was close to anyone, and even then, they obviously weren't his mate. So, he doesn't know to make her feel better. He feels awkward just sitting here, looking at her, as she feeds his nephew.

Just the sight of her feeding him, has him picturing what she will look like feeding their own children. Just seeing her with the babies, makes him excited to see her carrying his children.

Once both babies finish their bottles, they burp them and set them on the floor, on their bellies to play for a little while. Chastity joins them on the floor, making cooing noises at both of them.

"So, I think I need to tell you what happened last night." He says suddenly.

Her eyes jump to his. "Alright?"

"Well, the pack business was that Rage, Arrogance, Raven and I had to go to Blaines pack." He says. "We went to see about your money and about what was done to you."

"You what?" She demands.

He doesn't know if she is upset or happy. He doesn't know how to read her expressions just yet. He wishes he could spare her the story, but he feels like she needs to know what happened.

"We went to see Blaine about your money and about what happened to you. Of course, we didn't use your name and Rage did all the talking, but still. We confronted him." He says.

She stands and starts pacing. He can instantly feel her anxiety, her worry. He feels bad that he is about to tell her this, but he knows she deserves to know.

"We got your money. After some fighting, but we got it. All of it." He says. "You were right, he did take it all. When Raven and Arrogance got there, the account was already drained. Which told us who took it. But because they raised hell and demanded to see your signatures for the money transfer and those couldn't be produced, they were able to retrieve all your money."

She continues pacing, even as she looks at him. "Do you have any idea what he will do to you guys now that you took that money. He wont just sit back and allow that to happen."

"We know. But we are stronger fighters than his warriors, if you could even call them that." He says. "We have dealt with Blaine in the past, this isn't the first time we have had to confront him for something that he did to his pack members. But this was the first time when it had to deal with one of our mates."

"It doesn't matter, he has allies, strong allies. Vampire allies, they will attack us. They will kill us." She says.

He can feel the anger and fear rolling off of her. He can sense it in her. He stands and walks to her, pulling her into his arms. He wraps his arms around her, pulling her into his chest.

"I wont let anything happen to you. I promise. He will not get to you again." He asures her. "But, that isn't all that happened. When confronted about the treatment you received while in his pack, he tried to lie. He denied it and demanded to know who told him. But something gave him away. Well more like someone. More than one someone. Four someones, to be exact. He had four women hidden in a cell behind a wall in his office."

She stiffens in his arms. He can smell the tears on her. He can feel her sadness rolling through his body, almost as if it was his.

He knew it was the bond they now shared. He knew that she would feel his emotions and know that he was telling the truth when he told her what he did.

"We saved them. They are all in the clinic with Ari and her nurses getting checked out. But after saving them... There was a fight." He says. "Blaine tried to attack Rage. I stepped in and gave him a piece of me. But not before the others were surrounded with his men."

"Please... Please tell me none of you were seriously injured." She whispers.

"As I said, they weren't really warriors. They didn't know how to attack and fight. Of course we received some scratches and cuts along the way, but those are normal in a battle. But no, none of us were seriously hurt."

She remains quiet. Silently crying against his chest. She clings to him, making him feel as if he wished he didn't have to tell her what he just did. He wished he didn't have to tell her. He wanted to keep that all from her, but he knew why she needed to know. He knew that she deserved to know what happened to the man who caused her pain for years on end. He knew that she needed to know. He just wished he could do so without the pain.

"I will keep you safe. I promise." He whispers.

"I know." Is all he gets in response.