THIRTEEN

Chastity wakes up and looks around confused. Where was she? The white walls, the bright lights, the uncomfortable bed told her she was in the clinic. But she couldnt remember going to the clinic.

She wracked her brain trying to remember what happened. Why couldnt she remember?

She sat up, slowly as she was unsure of what to expect. As she moved into a seated position, her body felt alive. A vibration filled her muscles and she felt energized. She felt as if she had excess energy to burn off. The vibrations made her feel like she needed to run. Made her want to run.

As she moved to stand, the door to her room opened and she saw Ari come in. Ari looked at her shocked, but the shock didnt last long as she came forward and helped her lay back down.

"I need to do some checks before you can get up." She says. "You have visitors."

"My sister?" Chastity asks.

She didnt know if she wanted her sister there or not. She couldnt know since she didnt know what happened.

"Yes, shes one of them." Ari tells her and she checks her pulse and lungs. "How do you feel? Pain? Tired?"

"Fine. I feel like I... like i am vibrating. Like i could run for miles. I feel amazing. Well rested and in perfect health." Chastity says. "What... what happened to me?"

Ari frowns at her. "You dont remember?" Chastity shakes her head. "What do you remember?"

Chastity closes her eyes and thinks back to her newest memory.

"I remember waking up with a slight headache. I remember thinking that it was odd as I shouldnt have needed blood. I remember deciding to come here. I remember... I remember talking to Passion about being his nanny. Its blank after that." Chastity says. "Why cant I remember?"

Ari shrugs her shoulders as she continues to check her out. What was wrong with her? She didnt have a headache anymore. Her body didnt hurt. So what was wrong?

"You needed blood again. Your body burned through the blood I gave you faster than we thought. So you went into a starving state again." Ari explains. "But this time, you wouldnt wake up. You wouldnt come to. Even after twice the amount of blood you had last time. I called in Kai and together we figured out what happened."

Chastity frowns at the doctor. Twice the blood she recieved just over a week ago? She wouldnt wake up? What was wrong with her? Kai helped figure out what was wrong? Why wouldnt Kai prepare her for this? Why wouldnt she tell her to expect this? Kai was supposed to prepare her. She was supposed to teach her. Why hadn't she done that.

"Yes. I will get her and she will explain." Ari says before she leaves.

Chastity sits up again. What the heck was wrong with her? Why did Kai need to explain?

She hates being so full of questions. A side effect of her time in Blaines pack and the attacks she endured. She hates being curious. She always ends up hurt afterwards.

She cant dwell on it too long as the door opens and Kai comes in. But she isnt alone. With her is Charity, her sister, Ari, and... Passion? Why was he there? What did he have to do with this?

"Ari asked me to explain this to you." Kai begins. "Is that alright?"

Nervously Chastity nods and reaches for her sisters hand.

"Alright, you are different. Very different from me. You are more wolf than vampire. Which is rare. Most halflings are turned right at their change. You were turned after your change. Making you more wold." Kai begins. "That makes your... needs, for lack of a better word, different from mine or what I expected... It turns out that human blood doesnt satisfy you for long. You burn it rather quickly."

"Ok, so what does that mean?" She asks. Not meaning to interrupt.

"After some thinking, some very fast research, and some talking with other halflings, we learned you need wolf blood to survive. Shape shifting wolf blood." Kai says.

"How... How did you figure it out?" She asks. Almost afraid to hear what the answer will be.

"We drew blood from one. Just enough to hopefully wake you, which it actually worked."

"Who?"

No one spoke for a while. No one would look at her. Why wouldnt they look? What wouldn't they tell her?

Charity looked at her with a concerned and worried look. She started rubbing her back. A sure sign that what she was about to hear wasnt good.

"After you crawled in here, Ari started working on you. Someone came looking for you. Someone who was very concerned about you. He... um..." Charity looks to the others.

This time Ari steps forward. "He is your mate. He didn't know he was your mate. He had no idea. He was worried about you and he... he happened to be here so we took blood from him."

Chastity frowns. Who could be her mate? She didnt recognize anyone as her mate. At least she couldnt remember. She would remember that. So who, here, could be her mate? What wolf was it? Did he know what she was? Did she want a mate?

She wanted one before. Before when she was normal. It was her dream to find him and escape the hell she lived in. But now she was different. Now she apparently needed wolf blood. Blood of her mate. Did she want to put him through that? Did he want to go through that?

"Who... Who is he?" She asks.

"Me." She hears that voice.

It could only belong to one person. She recognized it. She felt it. The familiar warmth she associated with him. The tingles in her body grew in intensity as she thought about him. She looked toward the sound of his voice.

"Passion?"