EIGHT

He watches her leave before grabbing Crew from his swing and takes him into the nursery. He changes his diaper and redressed him. He grabs a pacifier and gives it to the baby before starting back into the living room.

As he places the baby back in his swing, he cant help but wonder about what just happened.

His neighbor is the halfling and her sister that Rage invited to stay here when their Alpha cast them out. Not only that, but he saw her naked chest just yesterday. More than that, she helped him with the babies. She calmed them down and got them to sleep, even if just for a few minutes.

But something else happened. When he looked into her eyes something happened. His world stopped. His body felt relaxed and warm at the same time. His heart seemed to race and slow at the same time. Almost like she became his center of gravity. Like she centered him.

She almost kissed him. He didnt know how it happened or when she came up to him, but she almost kissed him. She would have if Crew hadn't interrupted him. He didnt know if he should be happy or upset at the interruption. It's not like he knows what just happened.

It definitely wasnt what happens when wolves find their mates. He knows because Rage didnt go through it. He knows that because he would have seem that in Rages mind and he hadn't.

So if it wasnt what wolves went through, what in the world was it?

He didnt know but he wanted to find out.

A knock on the door draws him out of his thoughts. He opens the door to find Truancy standing there. He motions him in but warns him to be quiet.

They walk to the kitchen and he leans back against it, resting his hands on the counter behind him.

Truancy frowns and smells the air. "What is that smell?"

Its Passions turn to frown. He sniffs the air. Jasmine and vanilla fill the air. But something else enticing overpowers it. He cant figure out what it is. A feminine musk? Something strongly feminine for sure.

"I... I dont know." He says honestly.

"Its your house. How do you not know?" Truancy asks.

"I... I dont know, alright. I dont know." He says. "Why are you here?"

He didnt mean to snap, but something about him being here after what he just shared with Chastity has him on edge.

"I wanted to see the  babies. I waited a while because I figured you wanted time to bond." Truancy says. "But by the looks of you, it might not be a good time."

Passion sighs. "They cry all the time. When one starts, the other is closely behind. I cant feed both at the same time. I cant hold both. I dont know what they need when they cry, and I am not sleeping."

"Man, I am sorry. I didnt realize..." Truancy says rubbing the back of his neck. "How can I help?"

Passion laughs. A little too loudly as both babies start crying. He groans and starts toward the kitchen.

"You want to help? Grab a baby and try to calm it down." He tells his fellow warrior.

**********

Hours later, Passion cant stop thinking about that morning. How she smelled, how she looked, how she easily took the babies and calmed them down. He couldnt stop thinking about how he felt as she looked into his eyes.

He still didnt know what that was, but he wondered if it would happen again. He wanted to seek her out just to see if it would happen again.

But he couldn't because of the babies. He couldnt leave them alone. He hadn't gotten a monitor yet. It was on the top of his list, but he wasnt ready to venture out with them just yet. He doubted he ever would be.

He stood at the sink washing bottles, trying to think of just how to see her again, when he saw movement from next door. He looked, on impulse, and his heart skipped a beat when he realized it was Chastity. He watched as she laid out a blanket on the ground and sat down to it.

The sun would be setting soon, and he assumed she wanted to see it, not that they had a very good view. But it was still beautiful.

He used to watch the sunset a lot before the babies came around. Before Joy joined them. It was something he tried to do every night. He missed it.

Before he could think, he was out the door and walking toward her. He didnt know what he was doing or why he did it, but he was headed straight for her.

"Sure is is a nice night." He says.

She jumps, and looks up at him. "Jeeze,  you scared me."

He chuckled. "Sorry, I saw you from my kitchen and thought I'd check on you. See if you are all right."

She shrugs and looks put at the lake. "I just have a lot on my mind."

He can sense her sadness. He wished he knew what caused it. He wanted to take it away. Make it disappear. Make her smile and make her happy.

It confused him. He hadn't felt anything toward a woman in a long while. A very long while.

What was it about her that made him feel this way?

A cry drifted out the back door of his cabin, causing him to turn toward the sound. He wanted to curse. He wanted to be angry but he couldn't. The babies depended on him. His sister depended on him.

"I gotta go. But if you want to talk I'm here." He says.

"I'll keep that in mind thanks." He hears her whisper before he walks away.

When he got back inside, he found both babies awake but quiet. He sat on the couch and sighed.

He wished he had some time to talk to her. He really wanted to talk to her.

Why? He didnt know.