TWENTY ONE

"Passion, I... I... I love you."

Hearing those words makes him race for his cabin faster, with Truancy and Jealousy hot on his heels. Bursting into his cabin, not even caring that he just destroyed the door to the cabin, he sees Chastity on the floor with Blaine standing on her neck. She doesn't look good. Her face is redish purple, shes weakly fighting him, trying to get loose. He sees her eyes open and close a few times.

Without thinking, he lunges at Blaine, taking him off of her and onto the ground. Passion wraps his hands around Blaines throat, squeezing as if his life depended on it. He is so concentrated on hurting the man in front of him, that he doesn't hear Jealousy call out to him.

When someone grabs onto his shoulder, he turns with a growl, to look over his shoulder. He shakes his head, and looks at Jealousy, letting go of the Alpha in front of him.

"She needs Ari. I will take care of him. Take her to Ari." Jealousy says.

"The babies? Where are the babies?" Passion asks.

"G... Gone. I have them now. You will never find them... They belong to me." Blaine rasps under Passion.

Passion lets out a snarl as he turns his attention back to the wolf in front of him. "They do not belong to you. Those babies are mine. My sister left them with me."

"Those... babies... They are my children. Your sister... Luck, was it?.. Passed away shortly after she hid my children from me. An unfortunate accident, I assure you." Blaine says with a wicked grin.

Before he can attack the man in front of him, Jealousy is pulling him off of Blaine. Jealousy and Truancy are pushing him back toward the door. Both of them earning growls from Passion.

He wants to kill the fucker. He wants to squeeze the life out of the poor excuse of an Alpha. He wants to make him pay for not only Chastity, but for Luck as well. He deserves to kill the bastard. He deserves to make that man suffer as he has made others suffer. He deserves everything he is going to get from Passion.

"Go, Rage is taking her to Ari right now. Go, go be with her." Truancy says. "The babies are safe. Go. Go be with your mate. We will take care of this bastard."

With a nod, Passion is out the door and racing through the compound toward the clinic.

**********

"What do you mean he got away?" Passion demands.

He cant believe his ears. The bastard who hurt his mate, killed his sister, and tried to take his babies, somehow got free. He knew he shouldn't have left. He knew he should have killed the fucker when he had the chance. Now, he will have to constantly worry about the safety of the babies and his mate. He will always have to worry about Blaine coming back to hurt them.

How could Truancy and Jealousy have let him get away? How could this have happened? He doesn't understand. Blaine was weak. He was weak, damnit. How could he have gotten away? How could he have slipped out of the compound and be unnoticed by anyone?

"Who was on watch? I want to talk to them." Passion growls.

He is pacing the room. He was called away from the clinic and his mate for this. Rage had sent for him to come here. It killed him to walk out of that room. Rage knows what it felt like. He knows that Passion wouldn't have wanted to leave, but he also knows that he wouldn't have wanted to talk about this in front of Chastity. Even if she still hadn't woken up.

"That's the thing. No one was on watch. We were all busy with trying to get the rest of Blaine's warriors out of the compound. We couldn't have had anyone on the perimeter." Rage tells him.

His anger is growing and he cant control the roar of frustration that comes out of him. He just got his mate. He just found her. He just finally mated and marked her. How could this have happened? How could his pack have allowed this to happen?

He knows it isn't the packs fault that this happened. He just cant help but place blame. His mate is no unsafe and he cant always be there to protect her. The twins aren't safe right now. He still cant believe that Blaine killed his sister. He cant believe that Blaine is the twins father.

He had a test run, thanks Ari. The test came back positive. Which irritated him. How could Blaine be their father? How had Blaine married his sister and he not know. He had been to Blaine's pack multiple times. Blaine had come here as well. How hadn't he known this?

"Look, we will search for him, but since he hasn't tried to come back in, maybe he realized that he wont live if he tries this again. But right now, you need to worry about your mate and your babies." Rage told him.

"I don't know... I want him found. I want to kill him myself."

"And you will, we will give you the opportunity to do that. But you have to be patient. We cant afford to send out all of our warriors out looking for him. We would be unprotected. I will figure out a search party schedule and I promise you, we will continue to look for him. I promise you." Rage tells him.

Passion isn't sure about waiting, but he knows that he cant go against his Alpha, even if he is a Beta. He still has to obey his Alpha.

Rage is right. They cant leave their compound un protected. That would be a death wish for their pack. He knows that they have to do this carefully and strategically. He knows this. Its just hard to do accept this when its his mate and children. Its hard when he doesn't want to sit back and let the bastard run loose.

Before he can say anything else, the door to the office bursts open and Joy comes in with a smile on her face. "She's awake and asking for you."

Passion doesn't need to be told twice, he takes off running toward the clinic to see his mate.