TWO

He stood in the silent room that housed the twins. His sisters children. Now his to take care of. He was unsure of what to think or do.

The woman seemed scared of him. He didnt know why. He really was grateful for her help. He had stepped out for a bit to go home and shower and see about setting up a space for them. He hadnt realized they were awake.

Ari knew that he was at home. Maybe she was too busy with the newcomer and her sister who was rescued not to long ago. He didn't know what happened but he would find out.

He left the babies to sleep while he went in search of the good doctor herself. He wanted to ask why some strange woman, he never met before, was in taking care of the twins.

He found the doctor at the desk in the front talking to Joy, Rages mate and the newest nurse on staff at the clinic. Both women turn to look at him with concern on their faces.

"Is everything alright?" Ari asks him.

"I just found a strange woman in the room with the twins." He tells her.

She frowns. "What did she look like?"

"Thin, a little too thin, long blonde hair, blue eyes. Pale. Smelled... different." He tells her. "Why?"

She takes a deep breath. "Was she wearing scrubs?" He nods. "That would be Chastity. The women you all rescued not to long ago. Why was she in there?"

He shrugs. "She said she heard them crying and found them both dirty and hungry. When I got there they were quiet and asleep."

He felt a little uneasy about the whole situation. If that was the woman they rescued she was a halfling. She could have been in a dangerous state of mind. She could have been a danger to the babies.

But if he is honest with himself, he knows that she wasnt. He didnt sense danger around her. Something else, but not danger.

"Odd. I didnt hear them crying. I was just back that way." Ari tells him.

The door opens and a woman with shoulder length blonde hair and blue eyes comes in. She looks at Ari and smiles.

"Is she ready to go?" The woman asks.

"Yes. All she needs to do is change her clothes and she is free to go." Ari tells her. "Rage said his friend will be here tonight or tomorrow to talk with her."

The other woman nods and moves down the hall. He watches after her for a few seconds before turning his attention back to the two women in front of him.

"Is she safe? She was around them." He asks.

"Of course she is safe. Otherwise I wouldnt be letting her out of here." Ari says. "Look, she may be a halfling but she is in control of herself. I haven't sensed anything bad or off about her. She seems to be stable and believe me, I wouldnt be letting her go if she wasnt." She takes a deep breath. "The fact that she single handedly took care of both babies without so much as needing help. I think shes safe."

He had to agree with the doctor. He was struggling. He couldnt figure out how to care for both of them at the same time. This woman, Chastity, not only figured it out but actually did it. He was shocked. He wanted to know her trick. He wanted to know how she did it. He needed to know. Ari wouldnt let him take them home without feeling confident that he could handle the job.

Speaking of job, as second in command he was always on call. Always ready to be by Rages side when he needed him to be. But now that was different. He had children. Children who needed him. He couldnt leave them alone while he went to work. He couldnt bring them to the clinic every time he needed to be somewhere with the pack. He would have to figure it all out.

Rage, as nice as he is, has given him a few weeks to get settled with the twins. He as said he will only call on him in dire situations and only of those couldnt be handled without him. But he knew that was a great risk to the pack. He was part of the force that kept the pack safe. He cluldnt very well go off and leave them short handed for too long. His job was too important.

"Do you have a room set up for them yet?" Ari asks him.

He shakes his head. "I just cleared out my office at home. I dont have anything I need for them."

Ari just smiles. "Leave it to us. We will have you set up in no time."

He couldnt help but be worried about that. What did Ari have going on in her head?

Before he could ask just that. The woman who came in and the one he knows now is Chastity, come down the hall and into the lobby where the three of them are standing.

Chastity looks at him warily before turning her attention to Ari. She smells of jasmine and Rose's. A smell he cant get enough of.

Just the smell of that has his body warming and parts of him waking up. He hasn't wanted a woman in a very long time so its surprising to him that on the second time seeing this woman he wants her.

Her smell is surrounding him and all thoughts leave his mind. He cant think, he cant look anywhere else but at her.

She is beautiful. Her long blonde hair is pulled back into a twist of some kind down her back. Her eyes look a little dull still, but they are still amazing. The jeans she is wearing hug her hips in just the right way, to draw his attention there. The purple shirt she is wearing fits tight and hugs her breasts. He cant take his eyes off of her.

He silently wills her to look at him. He doesn't know why, but he wants to see those eyes. He wants her to look at him.

He doesn't get it. She doesn't look at him. She says her thanks to Ari and follows her sister out of the building. Leaving him confused and horny.

He doesn't have time to dwell, one of the babies starts crying and he walks down the hall to figure out what is happening.