THREE

Leaving the clinic felt not only freeing but good. She didnt feel like she was confined anymore and she felt like she was able to be herself. Whatever that meant.

She wasnt sure what she wanted to do first. She wanted to eat, because she could. She wanted to swim in the lake because she hasn't been swimming in a while. She wanted to sit and talk with her sister because it's been such a long while since they were able to do that without the threat of being kicked out. She wanted to take a walk and enjoy the fresh air. She wanted to do everything because for the first time in a long whole she felt like she was able to.

But Charity told her that she wanted to show her where they would be staying. So, she followed her sister through the compound and up to a small cabin not to far from the lake. She smiled at that. She would get to swim when she wanted to. She couldn't wait for that.

Once inside Charity gave her the tour. The inside was small but not cramped. Lightly decorated but looked and felt like home. According to Charity the place came furnished and they were allowed to decorate or rearrange everything.

She loved it. It felt much more like home than her real home back in Blaines camp. She liked the feeling.

"Here is your room." Charity tells her as she opens a door.

Chastity walks inside and is on awe. The walls are a pale yellow that matches the bedding and curtains. The furniture is all dark wood and looks to be antique. She has a dresser, a bed, a desk, and a closet. All she could ask for.

The view from her bedroom window is of the lake and part of the back deck of the cabin beside theirs. She cant help but wonder who lives there.

"So you like it?" Charity asks.

She turns to her sister and nods her head. "I love it."

"Rage sent a few of the guards after our belongings. They got our clothes, our purses, our bank info and a few personal items I told them I wanted."

"The money? Did they transfer it?"

She needed to ask. She doesnt trust their money in Blaines bank. She doesnt trust him with their money without them there. She knows that if they didnt transfer the money that it will be gone before they know it.

"Rage is working on that. He promises that he will get it transferred as fast as possible." Charity tells her.

"No... no.. it needs to be now. It will be gone if we dont move it now." She tells her sister.

"What are you talking about?" Charity asks.

"I need to talk to Rage." She says. "Take me to Rage."

**********

The babies were finally asleep after a bath and bottles. He never felt so exhausted as he had that day.

The twins were cranky and needy all day. He felt like he couldnt get ahead. Once he got one baby settled, the other one would cry and need his attention. He barely had time to sit down.

He was hungry, tired, thirty, and beyond sore. He still needed to get home and work on the room for them. He needed to get everything squared away because the twins couldn't always stay in the clinic. He knew that but he just felt like he coulsnt get a break.

After burping Cree, he changes her diaper and lays her down. She takes the pacifier, he found in their bag, and slowly drifts off to sleep. Once be is sure she is asleep, he sits down in the chair that Ari brought in for him. He leans his head back and closes his eyes. A nap will work wonders. He can eat when he gets home.

Just as he us almost asleep one of the babies starts crying. He grinds his teeth and forces himself out of the chair. He walks over to the baby and picks him up.

"What could you possibly want?" He asks the infant as he starts bouncing him.

He grabs a pacifier and gives it to the baby. He takes it while still whimpering. He continues to bounce him and pat his back.

The baby finally quiets down and falls asleep, after what felt like forever. He carefully lays him down and instead of sitting in the room, he walks out to the lobby. Joy is sitting behind the rest reading a book.

"You look exhausted." She tells him.

"They have been cranky all day. I dont know what they need or want. They've been fed and changed. Rocked and burped. I dont know what else they want or need." He says. "Its like I am not giving them what they need."

"They are infants. They dont know how to communicate with you. They cant tell you what they need. But if I had to guess, they miss their mom." Joy says.

"Well I cant give them their mother. I dont know where she is." He says.

"I know that. Next time they wake up and are fussy, if I'm not busy I'll try and help. Maybe they just need to smell a woman." Joy said.

He nodded and ran his fingers through his hair. "Mind if I go home and get a shower and some food. I am exhausted and starving."

"Take the night. If we need you I will call." Joy tells him.

He doesnt have to be asked twice. He leaves and. Walks back toward his cabin, which happens a to sit right on the lake.

He chose the location because of the lake. He loves swimming and couldnt imagine having to walk long distances to get to the lake. Tha fully when Rage moved them here he allowed them to pick their own locations.

As he is walking he sees both women from earlier. They are walking and looking down toward the ground.

"Why do you have to talk to Rage? Why cant you just tell me?"

"Because I need to make him aware. I promise you, you will know what I am talking about when we get there. Just lead me to Rage."

That stops him. Why do they need Rage? It makes no sense. Why cant she confide in her sister? If he had a blood brother he would have confided everything in him.

Though he knows how Chastity's sister feels. His own sister kept the fact that she was married and had children from him. She kept the fact that she was abused from him. Hell, she didnt even tell him where she was at so he could save her. She just delivered him her children with a note and that was it.

He wanted to reach out and say something to them, but what would he say? What could he do? He has his own issues going on right now to worry about what Chastity needs to talk to the Alpha for.

Like food and a shower. Sleep and organizing.

He shouldnt worry about her, but for some reason he is.