FIVE

She left the lake feeling like she was tired. Her body ached and her head hurt. She had hoped that her swim would loosen her up, but clearly that didn't help. She didn't know what happened and why she felt it, but she hoped if she was active she would be alright.

She got dressed and decided she needed to go on a run or walk. She needed to loosen up. Her muscles felt like they were on the verge of cramping and she didnt know why.

She leaves her cabin and starts jogging around the compound. She goes slow for a few laps before she takes off into a run. She pushes herself faster and faster.

The pain doesn't stop. It seems to get worse the more she runs.

It confuses her because she never gets crampy. She doenst know anyone who gets crampy. She always ran to loosen herself up. Why wasnt the run helping.

Her legs give out as she rounds the corner onto the main stretch of the compound. She hits the ground and cries out. Her body starts cramping everywhere. Her throat burns and her eyes hurt. She cant help about cry out as waves of pain wash over her.

**********

He was given the all clear to take the twins home. With the help of Ari, both babies are fed, changed and bathed. They are tucked into their carseats and ready to leave the clinic. He isnt sure hes ready, but he needs to get them home.

But before he can grab both carseats, his head hurts. He frowns. Why is he getting a headache? He never gets a headache.

A cry comes from the street and he turns to look at Ari. She frowns at him before setting down the babies bags as she races out the door.

An uneasy feeling washes over him. Something is wrong.

A commotion from outside causes him to leave the babies and see what's wrong. When he gets to the door, he sees Ari and Joy trying to carry the halfling into the clinic.

Before he can think, hes out the door and taking her from them. He can sense her pain. He can feel it faintly rolling through his body. His head starts to pound, his throat feels like he is swallowing lava.

He has to force his body to carry her into the clinic and lay her down. When Ari pushes hom out, he feels himself growing irritated. Part of him wants to stay with her. He doesnt know why, but part of him wants to stay.

The clinic door bursting open, pulls him from his thoughts. He turns and sees Rage and his cousin, Kai come. Rushing in. He points to the room where Ari took her.

Both Rage and Kai take off into the room.

"Blood she needs blood." He hears Kai say.

Blood? Did halfling require blood? He wasnt sure, but if she needed blood he needed to get the babies out of there. He didnt want to risk them to a bloodthirsty being.

He hadn't had a lot to do with halflings and he wasnt well educated on halflings, but one thing he knew was that not all of them were bad.

Kai was a halfling and had been since she turned at twenty one. She was mated to a warrior and had two children. She was as safe as every wolf was.

This new halfling, Chastiry hes sure, was new and he didnt know her.

Without asking for help, he grabs both bags and both babies and leaves the clinic. He struggles to carry them down the street.

One of the babies carseat is slipping so he stops and sets it down to readjust his grip.

"Need help?" He hears a soft voice from behind him.

He turns and sees Charity coming toward him. She looks a lot like her sister. The same blonde hair, although Chastity's is longer, and the same blue eyes. Shes shorter then Chastity as well.

"Um... sure." He says. "I never thought it would be this hard to get them home."

"It gets harder as they get bigger." She chuckles. "Let me take one for you."

He let's her take one of the babies. He isnt sure about her, after all she sold out where the pack is located to Dimitri. But he wont turn down help right now. He is with her and she wont be alone with them. He will make sure of that.

He leads her to his cabin and she helps him get the baby inside. Once he sets both carseats on the floor she instantly starts taking the babies out and putting them in the swings that Ari and Sam put in his living room.

"Thank you." He says. "I would still be out there if it wasnt for you."

"Its what I do." She says.

"I appriciate it. Now I need to figure out how to keep them happy."

"Just do what you can. It takes a lot to get on a routine with them. But you could always hire a nanny. Someone who could take care of them while you are dealing with pack business."

He frowns at that. Even though he isnt all that sure of how go care for them he isnt sure if he wants to hire nanny.

"My sister was a nanny before... just before. She worked for four families in Blaines pack. Maybe you could ask her." She tells him. "I would offer but I just got hired into the preschool program as a teacher."

He just nodded. How could he tell her he wasnt sure about having a halfling as his nanny. She was just found needing blood. What if she tried to get it from the babies? He wouldnt hesitate to protect her. Woman or not.