Fate

The locket didn't want to open. Destiny had tried everything! He even tried to break it open but. . . Nothing. Nothing worked. He couldn't get it open.

   Why did that dumb person give him this anyway? It's not his. Its not like he should listen to a mortal anyway.

   So why did he feel connected to the locket? He stashed it in his pocket. He could feel the familiar tug in his soul. Error and Ink were fighting. Which means Error needs him.

   He waved a hand in front of him to show the battlefield. He whispered soft encouragements to Error. Stars knows he needs it...

   And then he saw it. A figure beside Ink. Helping him. The figure obviously wasn't visible to either of the two fighting.

   Destiny was the only one seeing this. Their cape flapped in the wind and he had a sinister smirk. His eyes gleamed in a dangerously noticable way. The right was shaped like the number seven. The left was the deepest, richest purple he had ever seen.

   "Fate. . ." The name tumbled past his lips. It felt wrong to address this skeleton like that.

   The skeleton looked up as soon as Destiny said that. Destiny slapped a hand over his mouth. Could he hear that!? There's no way. . . Oh he could totally hear that.

   Fate narrowed his sockets and disappeared. Destiny momentarily noticed the confusion as Ink seemed slower and Error seemed... clearer. They noticed the lack of Fates presence.

   Destiny wiped the opening away and looked around. If Fate had heard him then where did Fate go?

   "You saw me."

   Destiny whirled around at the voice. "So I did." His soul twisted painfully. He instinctively reached for the necklace in his pocket.

   Fate gave a sadistic smirk. "So you're this Destiny that challenges me. Your champion is the bag guy you know that right?"

   "Yours doesn't have a soul." Destiny retorted.

   "Touche." He shrugged. "I am warning you though. Stay out of my way." His eyes gleamed again.

   Destiny felt put off. He stepped away.

   Fate laughed. "Are you scared of me?"  He tilted his chin up and smirked. "Good." And he was gone.

   Destiny shuddered. That was... terrifying. He rubbed the necklace in his pocket. It calmed his nerves. Something felt different.

   It was open.