The Shadows

(Shay P.O.V.)

I open the door, I gasp as I witness as all of the underworld, comes above. There are millions of them. Shadow warriors. So many that I-I just can't believe it.

"Cha'ya piece of cake!" Dash says

"Shut up Dash" Rarity says.

I snicker. Cole smirks. This makes me laugh harder. Everyone laughs. Then Cole sighs.

"What's wrong?" I ask

"It's just.....you're all so happy, even when you're about to step into sudden doom. My team never acts like that. We never have time for that. We never move as one like your team does. We're not one like you" Cole blurts out sniffling.

Cole's about to cry?!

"Well we've been working, living, and training together for years now. And I mean like over 5 years" Flutters says trying to cheer up Cole.

She better not be hitting on him! Nah! I'm kidding she would never do a thing like that. Anyways I know she has this thing for Dash anyways, even though they are like total opposites, I think that they would be cute together. I sigh. I wish that I could have a love.

"Uh Shay?"

I snap back into reality and look at Monate who's giving me a confused look.

"Nothing, let's go" I say.

Everyone nods as we charge out onto the roof. I look down and see so many shadow warriors.

"Jump!" I shout.

Everyone jumps, including Cole. I had forgotten the Cole was with us. Shoot!

"No!" I shout looking at Cole.

"What?" he asks

I shake my head. I backflip off the building and on to his back. My feet wrapping around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"Hey what are you d-" I cut him off by saying,"SSSHH!"

He stays quiet. Then the magic happens. We all take our other forms. I watch with excitement as the troops all turn into there other forms. I watch as Aquis turns into a giant scaly green sea monster. Flutters turns a dark green and vines become her hair. Vines also become her feet that connect with the ground. I myself change as well. I sprout black and purple wings from my back, my skins turns into a scaly purple, my eyes change shape and my vision becomes sharper. I grow a long spiked black tail.

"What the?" Cole says

"Shh!" I shush him.

He obeys again.

I watch as my team does our best defense drill. The troops place the bigger creatures up front like a wall that pushes the shadow warriors back, and the smaller ones positioned behind to get any stragglers. I smile and flap above the success. Once the warriors are pushed back I signal for the Magic to do there job. Many run out and circle the hotel. Other edge the roof. I join then centered above the hotel still holding on to Cole. Oh....Cole. Snap out of it Shay! Get a hold of yourself. And now I'm talking to myself mentally. I really need some help.

"Fields up. Never down. Protect us, so we can live for another day." they begin to chant.

I begin to chant as well looking up.

"Cole, grab on to my legs" I say

He obeys. I raise my arms into the air, so do the Magic. Our arms sway as we chant. The troops step back as a light purple glow circles the building under the Magic's feet. I smile. The glow travels up and domes over the hotel. The chant changes.