Chains and Charms

The surface is cold but it isn't to bad with Hannah's warm hand rubbing along my fur; A lady in a white vest comes in numbing the pains with a needle. Its a blur at times but I hear Hunters voice clearly on the ride back to the campus. My body jerks awake on to my bed; Hunter sits at the edge of it. "His awake!" His voice seemed to be to alive for my ears to adjust. My leg is in cast and my neck has a dog brace around it that explains what I'm hearing. Taking it off I also feel a dog chain. "I see you went full out on the Dog owner roll to seriously!" Unlocking the chain and throwing the lead with it across the room. "Well...I just had too; I thought you were going to die" He pause's "Okay, Plus if your into kinky things; I'm cool with it just not in here Dude" Hunter laughs as I feel my eyes rolling. "Where is everyone anyway?" Hunter itches his head pulling out a porno magazine out of his night stand draw. "Some wolf things; we cant go and do them so stay here" Hunter says this flicking through pagers. "It's for the best" Hunter sounding like Hannah. She most likely charmed him for sure. I hop into the shower; literally with my case leg hanging out the screen door. I stroke three times as it raises, it swells up giving it another four strokes. I turn on the shower letting the water get warm as I finish off. Getting out of the shower and putting clothes on was another mission itself. I'm quite surprise that my wolf abilities haven't kicked in with the healing progress. My leg still feels weak and the cast seems to be doing its job right. I step out of the bathroom fully clothed and that's when I feel a bone crack into place. I take off the cast by tiring it off my leg. I move my ankle and my toes, they feel back to normal but the skin around it looks blue and red. I can stand on it but walking on it could be a challenge . I take it easy one the way to Mythology Class. Hunter walks me there like a body guide eating his ham and cheese sandwich. Max and Hannah are no where to be seen as I take a seat where our usual sits are; there's remain empty throughout the class. I write notes down as the Teacher talks about The Chinese Dragon, such as myths involving the creations and cosmology of the universe and its deities and inhabitants. My phone buzzes as a text comes through by Lisa. " Hey, haven't seen Fiona all Morning?" I type back quickly but back space it. She's probably plotting her evil attack with Drake. "I don't know" I press send. A few minutes past before another text message comes through. "Your mother called me yesterday, about her wedding?" Oh fuck, I didn't mention it to her. "Yeah, she thinks were still together sorry" Not like me to send an apologies through text. It doesn't take long at all for a few text massagers to come through. "What the fuck Pete! I am not going to pretend for you" The words hit me across the face. "Do it for her; just one day and then I'll tell her after it" I press send not caring what I sound like on her end. "Fine, I'll do it for her but I swear to god you must tell her! Its been a year hasn't she been suspicious that I wasn't  there?" That's when it hit me; that Mother and I hadn't really had a good catch up on things since High School. "It never came up" I'm honestly blunt and Lisa might not like it. "Never came up?" The teacher dismisses us as I text Lisa back a simple yes. Lisa knew I'd didn't like or want to disappoint my mother and I guess we had an understanding of that. I leave the class room the last second person out to the hallway. Hunter and Hannah stand next to Sabrina and William. There face expression is mixed with excitement and worriedness. "Welcome to Stanford!" My voice sounds cheerful then what I actually feel. Sabrina embrace's me as William gives me a firm hand shake; sliding it back and slapping it. "Peter.." Sabrina's voice is soft pulling away showing me her gentle smile. "Something happened" William's jaw tightens making his forehead goes tense.