CHAPTER-16

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu lovelies...

I request my precious readers to pray their Salah if they haven't prayed yet before reading this chappy...

_________________________________________

Aala's pov:

I completed my (night) isha salah as I sat on the prayer rug doing my daily dhikr on my fingers just looking at the sky which was filled with stars and the moon shining beautifully which made a smile crept onto my face.

Indeed my Allahs creation is the best!

And he subjected for you the SUN and the MOON, continous in [orbit] and subjected for you the NIGHT and the DAY

QS surah Ibrahim 14:33

And I remembered this verse which i read earlier today and just smiled seeing his one of a kind creations. He made the sun to brighten the day and the moon to shine in darkness, day for a man to work and night to rest so one don't tire himself out.

Indeed he's the best of planners!

"What are you smiling at wife?" Came a voice which startled me as I turned to look at him in shock but he put a blanket around my body as it covered me from the chilly wind.

I put a hand on my chest to calm my erratic heartbeat "You scared me!" I told him as he grinned like a Chesire cat and sat beside me on the plush carpeted balcony leaving a healthy space between us, as we both looked at the twinkling stars.

He was changed into his pjs and his hair was wet means he was just out of the shower, living with him for a week made me familiar with his habits and routines.

"Oops but I didn't meant to that by the way why are you praying here it's so chilly outside!" As he began to rub his palms feeling the cold.

"But I love cold weather's!" I told him silently, it's still awkward between us just like the day of our first wedding night.

I was so scared of him, scared to be in a relationship, scared to move out, scared to the changes that awaits my life.

From the very first day he had made his point clear, he didn't want to rush in and pressurise me with anything and everything which makes me uncomfortable even if it's as simple as talking to him.

It was so fast for me to process everything, just few days ago I was a single mother but now I'm a married woman, which changed many things in mine as well as our munchkins life.

It's been a week since we got married and I just talk to him in monosyllables or when its something important otherwise I keep myself silent and away from him but I've noticed the disappointed and hurt look on his face which he tries to mask but i knew my actions is hurting him whenever he tries to initiate a conversation, I hold myself back.

He makes every possible way to find a reason to stay around me but I always push him away, it makes me feel cringe and disgust about myself of how selfish i was being when he's so nice not only to me but also a supporting, loving and a caring father to Zain.

I've never seen my Zain this happy, the eager look in his eyes when he awaits the return of his father every evening and the way his eyes lits up when zaamin arrives from work, he runs and gives him a big hug as he twirls him in air.

Though he have piles of work lying on his desk, he never misses a chance to play with Zain no matter how tired he was, if he arrives late and misses his playtime which only happened once he takes full care of him until he tucks him to bed, he always spends time with him and gets to know him better.