|1|「 Safe」

「Chapter 1」
_____________

Approximately one percent of the world was developing superpowers called quirks. The government decided it was best to capture all the 'infected' and separate them from the normalized.

It was chaos; as they decided to put a bounty over the special people. People betrayed their family and friends for money and sometimes it ended in bloodshed.

The government holds them hostage with quirk erasure bracelets; that wraps around their wrist but when the quirk is used without permission, it tightens and stops the blood flow. They have different prisons that keep the 'specials', but one unique one is UA.

There are five colors in the quirk government  which all hold their own meaning;

Green –Level 1, Safe; a smart/mastery quirk or healing quirk.

Blue – Level 2, Threatening; Body Manipulation/Animal-related quirk.

Yellow – Level 3, Risky; Forgery quirk or manipulate electricity.

Red – Level 4, Dangerous; Control/Manipulation of elements.

Orange – Level 5, Deadly; Carries 2 or more quirks or Mind Manipulation.

Over the years more unique quirks started popping up leaving no choice but to use them as weapons for the government. The rules stayed the same and no one dared to break them.

Of course, the government made different prisons all over the world for different ages, but once deemed too old they either kill them or put them to teach the younger quirk holders.

____________________

Midoriya was born as one of the lucky ones; quirk-less. Inko was thankful that her son could have a normal life since she had a quirk; telekinesis. She lived on the run after her family tried to sell her for some money.

Here he was, standing near a scrawny man in an orange overall; he didn't have much body so the overall was slipping off and he was covered in blood coming mostly from his stomach and mouth.

Midoriya knew of the colors; it was mandatory to know. He stepped forward even though he was shaking out of pure fear. Midoriya knew that the man was wearing the most dangerous color but due to the man's injuries; he still wanted to help.

Swallowing deeply, he hesitantly went closer to the man but stopped as soon as he saw the man reach for his blond shiny hair; that was mud-spattered.

"Young boy, take this power, save them," All Might cough out weakly as he plucked out a strand of golden hair.

Midoriya stood shocked.

'WHAT! Who am I supposed to save' Midoriya thought as he mentally freaked?

All Might saw the fright in the boy's eyes yet the determination to help. He outstretched his hand with the strand, he was about to say something but the boy beat him to the punch line.

"What am I supposed to do with that?" Midoriya shrieked.

"EAT THIS!"

Midoriya physically and mentally cringed; he didn't want to eat a random stranger's hair.

"It's the only way to save them all," All Might said as he tried to put on a smile but soon coughed up more blood.

"How do I know you do not mind manipulating me or using some sort of quirk on me?" Midoriya asked as he struggles to put on a defensive stance but failed miserably while he trembled.

"Eat it then after a-" All Might coughed midsentence, he continued after catching his breath. "After a few hours, you'll feel it running through you; don't go all out yet."

"But please take it."

Midoriya's eyes watered, he couldn't help but feel bad for the man.

Midoriya had no idea that this decision would change his whole life.
He walked up closer to the man and plucked the strand from the man's boney hand.

He slowly put the hair in his mouth as swallowed quickly with the feeling of throwing up but held it in.

Soon some familiar gnarls close-by made both males flinch. They both knew what those sounds were; since those creatures sniff like guard dogs, they have no nose.

"Run!"

Midoriya wasted no time and ran off in the direction of his house; where he thought he would be safe.

________________
「To Be Continued」
ーーーー