you want her attention

Tired of scrolling through your phone, you locked it and put it aside. You put your head back against the cushion with a yawn and then looked over at Yoohyeon, who sat beside you with lyrics in her lap.

Focused on the comeback coming up soon, she was trying to memorize all the lyrics and perfect them as much as possible. It's admirable how hard she and the girls work, but you know she's exhausted and with her day off you know she could use some quality time with you, or to sleep or relax.

Besides, you've been missing her and looking forward to this day since she first told you she'd have it off and you've sat beside her for nearly two hours, just listening to her sweet voice and the rustling of papers as she flipped from one to the next.

"Yoohyeon?" You spoke softly, scooting closer and closer till you could simply drop your head to her shoulder.

"Yeah?' She mumbled before she continued to hum quietly.

"Do you want to take a little break? Just for a few minutes?"

"Kinda busy, baby."

You groaned and dropped your head onto her lap. With an exaggerated groan falling from your lips, you gazed into her eyes with a pout on your lips.

"But it's been a couple of hours since we first came down here. I know you've got a lot to do with the comeback coming up, but I've been missing you and we've finally got time to spend together."

She stared down at you, a small smile tugging at her lips. She couldn't help but think it was cute how badly you wanted her attention, and she couldn't deny how much she wanted to spend time with you.

"You should relax." You mumbled before carefully grabbing the papers and setting them aside. You pressed your lips onto her jaw, trailing soft and loving kisses up to her lips. "We could watch a movie together or we could go for a walk. We could cuddle or we could-"

She cut you off by pressing her lips onto yours, bringing you in for a sweet kiss.

"You're cute," she spoke against your lips, smiling into the kiss before leaving a couple of pecks on your lips and pulling back completely.

"I've been missing you. I want you to relax and to pay attention to me."

She giggled before giving you a squeeze, making you giggle against her neck where you buried your face.

"Okay. I could use a break and there's no better way to spend it than with my favorite girl."

You smiled from ear to ear and tried to climb off of her lap, only for her to tighten her arms around you. She grabbed the remote and handed it to you before burying her lips in your hair and saying, "Whatever you want to watch is just fine with me. Let me just hold you."

You put something random on, hardly even paying attention to what it was. But you didn't mind and you knew Yoohyeon wouldn't either. You were just happy to spend time with her; to finally have her undivided attention and to know that she was finally relaxed.