Shock

"Call an ambulance!"

"It was from that building!"

"Ahhhhh!"

"Calm down khun!"

"Kao! Are you okay?!"

Numerous voices can be heard in the café. Everyone was in a mess.

Because of the sudden incident, the customers of the café started panicking. Everyone is running out of the café.

"Call for backup!"

"Chase after the shooter!"

'She is dead?' Upp was still in Kao's embrace. He cannot hear any other voice except his inner thought.

'She died?' Since Kao is hugging him securely, Upp was not able to move. 'Just like that?' he continued thinking.

"Upp! Hey Up! Get ahold of yourself!" Suddenly, he heard Kao's voice calling for him.

Upp raised his head and saw Kao's face looking directly at him.

'Kao...' he thought, then lowered his head again and tried to look at where Jennie's body was.

Feeling that Upp was still shaking, Kao hugged him tighter.

"She is dead" Upp finally said a word. His voice was trembling.

Kao continued hugging but did not reply to Upp's statement.

"Can you move?" He asked and tried to pull Upp up. Right now, all he need to do is move Upp away from this place and take him to safety.

When Kao pulled him up, Upp just followed along and let Kao drag him. He feels like his knees are so weak right now.

"Upp! Get a hold of yourself. You need to go somewhere safe!" Kao continued carrying Upp and dragged him to the other side of the counter. He can feel that Upp's knees are shaking, 'damn it. Get ahold of yourself Upp!' he thought then looked around.

"Upp! Hey up!" he shook Upp. Upp was still dazing off. Looking at Upp like this, Kao shook his head internally. "Upp, stay here!" he said seriously then walked back to where Jennie was and looked at her dead body.

'Damn it!' he shouted internally then looked outside.

Seeing that Upp was at the body, Park immediately walked inside the café again and asked him. "Kao! Are you okay?" he looked at the dead body and shook his head. "Damn it! The higher up didn't think that she would be assassinated. Just what kind of organization did she got herself into"

Kao did not answer and continued looking at the body.

After a while, he looked at Park. "Sir, did we capture the killer?" there was a serious tone in his voice.

Park turned to Kao and shook his head, "No. The killer ran away. From the looks of it, the killer is a hired professional" after he said that, he looked behind the counter, "how was your friend?"

'He is not my friend' Kao thought then turned to where he left Upp, "He just recovered from a stabbed wound. Now, his date is dead" he shook his head and looked at where Upp was with pity.

Park also showed a pitiful look. "What an unlucky man" he shook his head then turned to Upp, "can you handle the situation here? I will check in the station and see if we can find out who the killer is"

Kao looked at Park and nodded, "Yes, sir"

Park tapped Kao's shoulder and nodded, then walked out of the café.

Just as Kao left to go to Upp, a few police officers entered the scene and started preparing the crime scene. At the same time, the ambulance also arrived and the medical practitioners immediately started tending to witnesses of the scene.