Normal Day

Hearing the word 'home' Upp felt weird. 'Why does it sound like we are a couple?' he shook his head and answered, "maybe 1 PM, why?" he turned to Kao.

Kao did not turn to Upp, "I'll ask some agent to send you home. I'll message you the details later" he starts driving.

Upp looked ahead, "Okay. What time will you get back?" he asked casually.

"I don't know. Late at night. I still need to head home to grab some stuff then go to the station for a duty" he looked at the side mirror to check if there was a car on his right.

Hearing this, Upp suddenly tensed. "Then, who will protect me?" he asked hesitantly.

Hearing Upp's tone, Kao looked at Upp for a moment and smiled, "I already called for some people to protect you. You will be properly protected"

Hearing the reassurance in Kao's voice, Upp exhaled in relief, "thanks"

After a few minutes of getting to know and casual chat, Kao remembered something

"Oh right, Upp." He looked at Upp while stuck in traffic.

"krap?" Upp looked back to Kao.

"Are you free tomorrow? We need to go to a psychologist to get you checked" He sounded casual.

Upp thought for a while, 'right. Of course something is wrong with me now.' It is not that he cannot accept it. But he is already aware of it. He knows that he is becoming agitated already and anxiety starts building up in him.

"I am free tomorrow. You know a psychologist?" Upp asked with a helpless smile

Kao looked at the traffic light and saw that it was already on green, "Krap" then he continued driving.

Upp looked ahead and exhaled then looked at his phone, "Then let's see the psychologist tomorrow" he said without much change in his voice, then continued browsing through his phone.

After a few minutes of driving, Kao arrived in front of Upp's department.

After exiting the car, Upp heard Kao called him

"Upp. Don't leave the university until I message you, okay?" Kao looked through the window seriously.

Seeing the serious look in Kao's eyes, Upp nodded seriously too, "Krap. Don't forget me the details of the person who will pick me up" he immediately followed. He is actually feeling a little anxious because the person who will pick him up later will be a stranger and not Kao.

Kao nodded, "If you feel unsafe, just head to the department of engineering and meet up with Lee" Kao gave one last reminder.

Upp nodded, "See you at hom—See you later" Upp shook his head slightly then smiled and bid goodbye to Kao.

Kao smiled, "See you" then he closed the windows and drove away from Upp.

Seeing the car leaving, Upp started looking around anxiously. 'Will there be killers in the university?'

Just as he was thinking about this, he caught a glimpse of Kao's car stopping.

After just a few seconds, he felt his phone vibrate so he looked at it.

Kao: The University is safe.

K: I assigned people who will protect you while you are in the university.

'Why didn't you tell me that before leaving?' Upp complained internally then started looking around, trying to figure out who are protecting him from the shadows

K: Can you not make it look so obvious?

K: stop looking around

Reading this, Upp started typing, "Why don't you quit your police duty and just apply for a security guard in my department, and protect me better"