28//the date

Noah picked me up at 6 just like he said he would.

He handed me a bouquet of princess flowers and when I tell you I almost started crying.

We're on the way to the Ruby's because we both decided that it was more of a casual date anyways.

We get inside and sit down at one of the booths. The waitress comes over to us.

"Hey what can I get you guys?" She asks Noah, completely ignoring my presence.

"A cheeseburger no pickles, a cheeseburger with just ketchup and avocado, and 2 oreo milkshakes." Noah answers for us.

"And you?" She said not even looking at me.

"Oh my boyfriend said my order." I fake smile at her. She ignores the comment and walks away.

"Boyfriend?" He asks.

"Shut up, I was doing you a favor. She looks crazy."

"Hey, don't worry about it you won't have to lie about it anymore after tonight." He smiles and grabs my hand over the table.

"Here are your drinks." The waitress says setting Noah's down sweetly making sure he gets a full view down her shirt. He keeps his eyes on me.

"Sorry, could you please back up." He asks the girl who was basically pushing his boobs in his face.

HOW IS HE SO FUCKING HOT? AND RESPECTFUL?

Okay that's it.

She basically drops mine and it spills a little. I jump at the sudden noise. She scoffs.

"What is your problem?" I question her getting a napkin and wiping up the spilt milkshake off of me.

"My problem is that a slut like you shouldn't be out with Noah Eades."

"A slut like me? A slut like ME? Says the bitch who was literally just pushing her boobs into my boyfriends face." I state.

"You don't get it. You've been here what a month and he's like obsessed with you. Everyone else has been trying to get his attention for YEARS. How else would you get his attention besides forcing yourself onto him?"

"Oh I don't know. Maybe actual talk to the boy. Maybe I act like a human being towards him. MAYBE I'm just myself and he likes that." She scoffs at this.

"Okay that's enough. I need you to get away from me and my girlfriend." Noah says standing up and finally looking at the girl.

"But Noah.." She whines.

"I don't like you. I don't like anyone else besides Carter. I don't even look at any other girls because she is all I need. I need you to stay the HELL away from me. And stay the HELL away from Carter."

She stomps her foot like a child and storms off. He cues to a chef.

"We'll take the burgers to go." He says and he looks livid.

The chef makes our food quickly and we leave. Once we get outside he literally looks like he's going to explode. I stop walking to his car. He turns around and looks at me. He seems like he wants to punch something. I take the food from his clenched fist.

"We can't have the food get hurt now can we." I set the food down on the pavement. "Let it out."

"She was such a bitch. What the fuck. Like she thinks she can just come in there and insult you like that call you a slut and shit. Like she doesn't even know anything about you. She can't just say shit like that especially after everything she's done to get my attention. Like one time she fucking showed up at my house in nothing but a trench coat. She flashed my mom when she opened the door. Like what the hell is her problem. Why. Why is she so obsessed with me. Why can't I just be happy and have a girlfriend without everyone shitting on her-"

"SHE FLASHED YOUR MOM??" I burst out laughing and I can tell he feels a bit better because he's smiling now but he looks a little confused.

"You're not mad?" He asks.

"I have no right to be mad. She called me a slut, yes, but I'm not. I'm aware that I'm not, her opinion of me doesn't change who I am as a person. And she was just angry because she's obviously liked you forever, and you paid her no attention, then you like a new girl. She's just upset that she didn't win."

"I'm not a prize."

"Yes you are, Noah. You always will be. As bad as that sounds every girl is going to want you because you're the bad boy. You're hot as shit, you have this 'I don't care' attitude and you have confidence. It attracts girls. I'm not really sure why, but because of who you are, you're always going to be a prize. Not that I'm objectifying you."

"Oh yeah totally not objectifying me." He scoffs but it's sarcastic and he's smiling now. "So you think I'm hot." He grabs my hips pulling me closer to him.

"Really? That's all you got out of my speech?"

"Mhm." He says and he kisses me wrapping his arms around my lower back, mine going around his neck.
"Okay come on. We have a date." He says and pulls away picking up the food from the pavement.

We get into his car and drive to the spot.

We get out and walk up the trail. When we get there there's an air mattress out with a bunch of pillows and blankets spread out on it.

"Carter..." I hear Noah say from behind me. "I know we have really known each other for long, but you are seriously the first person that's ever made me feel like this. I really like you Carter Miller. With all of your weird quicks and bad singing. Be my girlfriend?"

"That was a surprisingly good speech for someone that's never done this before." He just gives me a blank stare. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend Noah."

His face lights up and he grabs me and spins me around before he kisses me and we lay down on the mattress in each other's arms, with random kisses, and giggles, and pointless conversations about things we probably won't remember in the morning. It's just us being us. And there's no where else in the world I'd rather be than right here. I'd give anything to stay in this moment with him forever.

———————————————————————————

^^exhibit A of me ignoring math and writing ch 28 instead.

pov: ur elayna in the A/N at the beginning saying that the words at the bottom will only be ab the story and now it's just you ranting to ur readers🙈.

Couldn't be me. Seriously tho I'm deleting that from the beginning. Not giving any one else the wrong idea. Y'all can enjoy my lil story times at the end of each chapter. Ok i'll stop love u bitches.