35//want

There's 2 days before school starts up again, and moms out of town for the week. So my unfortunate inability to cook a decent meal that isn't pasta for the fourth night has me out at Ruby's in the pouring rain, wearing a gigantic oversized sweatshirt and fuzzy pajama pants. My hair is tied up in a messy bun, and not the cute kind. I'm wearing no make up and on my feet are flip flops.

My feet are absolutely freezing.

I'm waiting for my order to be called so I can go home and rewatch the maze runner series to see the love of my life, Dylan Obrein.

My name gets called and I look up from my phone to see a middle aged woman holding my food. I walk up to her and grab it, quickly thanking her, then heading out into the pouring rain to get to my car.

"CARTER!" I hear a masculine voice call from behind me. I glance back to see none other than Noah running behind me. I pick up my pace, my car coming into view from the back of the parking lot.

"CARTER!!!" The voice is louder. I debate running.

"CARTER!!!!!" I feel a hand grab my arm. I yank it away turning around to face Noah. The guy who kissed the girl he said he'd never touch. The guy who cheated on me. The guy who broke my heart. The guy who didn't love me back. I felt a surge of anger.

"Noah what do you want? huh??" I scoff and begin to walk away again because I can't stand to look at him right now.

He grabs my hand and pulls me back, by now we're both soaking wet from the rain pouring down on us.

"I want to listen to you talk about your dad and brother, I want to watch you dance in the kitchen while making cookies, I want you to run your fingers through my hair when you think I'm asleep, I want you to horribly belt out the lyrics to your favorite songs in the front seat of my car, I want to bring you to the spot I used to go with my dad, I want to take care of you when your drunk out of your mind, I want to get a tattoo with you, I want you to hold my hand while you get your belly button pierced, I want to fall asleep with you in my arms, I want you to have my kids and to grow old with you, but right now? I want to tell you I'm in love with you."

I stare at him dumbfounded.

"Don't say things you don't mean Noah." I say.

"I didn't say anything I didn't mean."

"Oh but you did. If you loved me you would be kissing fucking Michelle in the middle of the halls." It psychically hurts me to say this.

"I didn't fucking kiss her." He says and I scoff.

"Bullshit asshole. I saw it."

"SHE kissed ME Carter."

"You were holding her waist."

"I was pushing her away." he pauses. "You know I haven't been able to look at another girl and find her attractive since I watched you take down a 300 lb quarterback without a scratch. I haven't even been able to watch a movie and find the actresses attractive. Only you. You haven't left my mind since the day you showed up November. You didn't care about who any of us were. You didn't care that my dad died, you didn't treat me differently. You didn't treat me like I was broken. Probably because you understood. You understood because you're broken too. I haven't slept since the moment you drove away. All I can think about it how hurt and betrayed you looked. It psychically pains me to see you cry." He reaches out and pushes away the tears I didn't know I've let fall. "I'm in love with you Carter Miller. When I look at you, or when you smile, or when you scream the lyrics to your favorite songs, when you make fun of our friends. I fall in love with you all over again. You make everything okay because even if the world was ending, I know I'd be okay if you were next to me. Don't walk away again. Please Carter. Don't leave."

The tears keep streaming out of my eyes. I'm unable to stop them.

He loves me.

"You know I drove around the country trying to get you off my mind. I was going to tell you that night. I was going to tell you that I love you." I say quietly looking down. He pulls my chin back up so I'm looking him in the eyes. "I didn't want to leave. I had to. Watching you kiss her... it felt like getting hit by a train. I'm in love with you. No matter how many times I wished I wasn't. I am. I don't think I'll ever stop loving you."

And with that, the last month I've spent without him by my side was a waste of time. He kisses me, conveying the strength of all the words we just said.

He kisses forehead

"I love you."

Then my nose.

"I love you.

Then my cheek.

"I love you."

Then my other cheek.

"I love you."

Then my chin.

"I love you."

Then my jaw.

"I love you."

Then he finally kisses me on the lips.

"I love you Carter Miller."

"I love you too Noah Eades."

I smile easily at him because I feel 100 times lighter and he smiles back at me his breathtaking smile that hasn't left my mind since that time we were getting the camera equipment out of my car.

I love him. And he loves me. I'm okay. Everything is perfect.

———————————————————————————

hello my loves. I hated having them apart. This chapter makes me so happy. Noah is really a poet. ugh someone get me a Noah. 1 more chapter, then an epilogue. This story's coming to an end which is absolutely crazy. Go check out my other book 'Fall First' I'll try to post everyday like I do on this one!