32//cheater

Mom got home Saturday night and we had a girl talk, then on Sunday mom, Kelsey, Mads, Kena, Rachel and I all had a girls day. We got massages, and our nails done, and all that fun stuff.

It's been 2 months since the first game. Me and Noah were going out tonight for a little celebration for him finishing the lacrosse season strong. He already had one with his team so tonight was just us. I had gained enough courage to tell him I love him because I do. I really do. He's the only guy who's ever made me feel like I was more than just a warm body. He understands me unlike anyone I've ever met. And it might be early but I can just feel how right it is to be with him.

I told my friends that I couldn't have lunch with them today because I had to work on editing the pictures. Noah wasn't there though, I just figured I'd tell him later. I finished editing and I was walking back towards the cafeteria when I saw two people. The girl pushing herself against the guy and the guy had his hands on her waist. I squinted to see who it was in the abandoned hallway.

My stomach dropped.

Noah.

Shelly.

Fuck i'm stupid. I watch her press her lips to his and I am out of whatever trance I was in and I walk away, not really caring if they hear me.

"Carter! Carter! Carter come here let me explain." I faintly hear Noah yell from down the hallway. I start running. I run out to the parking lot. I get in my car and start the engine when I hear a pounding on my window. I know it's Noah so I don't bother even looking over instead I put the Bronco in reverse and back out of my spot. He backs away from the car with a defeated look in his eyes. I still don't look at him as I drive off. I tell Siri to text my mom that I'm going away for a couple days, and that i'll be staying at Maddie's when I get back. I tell her not to worry and that i'll text her everyday. But i just really needed to be alone.

I drive for about 6 hours. I don't know where I'm going. But I know I have to leave that stupid town.

My phone is blowing up from texts from all my friends and my mom probably.

You want to know the worst part?

I don't hate him. I should hate him. I love the asshole who cheated on me. I gave him my heart and he fucking threw it away.

Fine. If he doesn't want me. I don't care. He can do whatever he damn well pleases and so will I.

Fuck You Noah Eades.

After about 5 hours I stop driving. I have no idea where I am but I'm at a hotel. I check myself in and get settled in the room. I'll keep driving tomorrow.

I see my phone buzz and it's a call from my mom.

I pick up.

(mom | Carter)

Hi Honey, I know you said you wanted to be left alone and I'm not going to pry but I figured you should know they caught the guy who broke in.

Who was it?

A guy named Andrew Peters. He goes to your school.

Did they say why?

They said he said he just wanted to give you a little scare for breaking his nose.

He deserved to have his nose broken.

I know honey.

Okay thank you for letting me know mom.

Of course honey. Be safe. I love you.

Love you.

<call ended>

I plug the phone into the charger connected to the wall, and fall asleep not bothering to check any of the other messages.

——————————————————————————

hello my loves. We're at 950 views and i'm shaking i stg. anyways this story's almost over and i was wondering if you guys would read it if I did a text story? LMK cus i want to write one but I want y'all opinions. Ok ily have a good day!