Chapter 1

It was a warm and sunny day. The sun shone down on your hair and lifted your mode. You were slandering through the small garden of Stark Tower. Tony had asked you what you thought could miss this place. You already had a training room for Natasha, an archer place for Clint, a gaming room for Sam and Scott, a library for the old men Steve and Bucky (who thought they would be so after reading), a big lab for Tony and Bruce and a modern kitchen for Vision and Wanda.

Everyone had his or her own favorite place. And yours happened to be the garden. It always calmed you to sit here and plant new growths. You had a big flower bed with herbs; a corner for vegetables; a space for berries and all around the place there were flowers and vines. In the middle of all this, there was an old oak tree. In its branches hang a swing and a bench was pushed against the tribe.

You were sitting in front of the flower bed to place a new plant in the cold dark earth. It was a chocolate mint plant and was soon to grow healthy. You just wanted to go and get water to soak the earth but were called in by F.R.I.D.A.Y.

"Miss (Y/L/N), Mister Odinson asked me to tell you he would like to speak to you and the others in the common room," the female voice called. You signed and gave the plant the water from your bottle.

As you arrived at the common room everyone was already there. You sat down in your usual place on the couch facing the large window wall. You always loved how the sun would set over the city you became fond of after you came to this county.

"So Thor, why did you call us all here? We would have seen us for dinner anyway," Nat commented. She was probably training with one of the new S.H.I.L.D. agents judging by her outfit.

"Well, you know I was trying to convince my brother in trying to change. But he does only shuts down even more. I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have an idea, what I could do? I'm close to giving up," Thor spoke. His voice sounded desperate and you could see in his eyes that it was troubling him. He loved his brother and didn't want to give up on him.

Patting his shoulder and giving him a sympathetic smile or telling him that maybe it was best if he gave up, one by one left the room. In the end, it was only you and Thor. He signed and sat down on the sofa nearest to him. He put his face in his hands and rubbed his eyes in an attempt to clear his mind. He must have not noticed that you had remained with him in the room.

"Thor?" you spoke up carefully. He looked up at you as you were kneeling beside him on the sofa. You smiled at him softly.

"I know it troubles you to not be able to help your brother but it is starting to influence your health. I know it is hard to give up on the ones you love but sometimes it has to be." You knew your words hurt him but you also knew he was witnessing the truth of your words. When it came to this all, the Avengers knew that you were always right. But the knowledge that they knew that you were right didn't make you proud of yourself.

After some moments of silence and Thor watching his hands, he spoke. "I know but he is my brother even after what he did. He is my smaller brother and I love him; if he is adopted or not." Thor's voice reflected his feelings honestly and true.

"I know. And I can see that you truly care for him and love him. You may want to help him but maybe you can't because you are his brother and because you love him. Even if he doesn't show any of this to you, he also cares for you but he is your brother and probably is too proud to let you help him," you said in a soft and comforting voice as your hand rubbed his back. Thor nodded at your statement and looked at you with a small smile. You smiled at him as well.

---- Time skip ----

You and Thor had parted ways after you convinced him to let Loki be. You had told him that maybe he needed some time to understand that he needed help. He had accepted it and decided to give himself and the God of mischief some time. You on the other hand wanted to help your friend. There had not been a person that you couldn't handle on long terms. With this in mind, you made your way to where Loki was imprisoned.

"Maybe I can help Thor here a little bit." you thought to yourself with a small smirk on your face.

12.12.2020