Prologue

Meet Kim Minji she's an upcoming developer looking for a fresh start away from her father. Coming from a wealthy family she would a comfortable life. Instead, she chose herself and independence over being handed a job to be told what to do for the rest of her life.

Growing up Minji did have one other sibling and the two were very close when they were younger but things took a turn. Over time their father had favored In Jae over her and the two girls started to get really competitive with one another. In every way possible even if it meant their relationship was on the line. The two girls were both raised more by their nanny then their own parents. Ms. Choi was always around for the girls especially for Minji being the more shy sister and not wanting to go out much unlike her sister. With this Ms. Choi was always more fond of Minji the two were always doing things together from cooking to just simply talking about the most random things.

From all the time she spent at home Minji started to get into computers

From all the time she spent at home Minji started to get into computers. Minji did always have a passion for computer science even so much so she won by herself in a CODA competition for her voice recognition software.

Something inside her just felt like this was wrong and didn't want any part of wanting to be part of a puppet show any longer. Her father was always the one behind her making all of her decisions for her. Trying to stand up for herself her father saw this as a sign of disrespect and slapped her right then and there. That wasn't the first time her father had put his hands on her. Not only had she been physically abused by her father her mother knew all about it but did nothing of the sorts to stop or help Minji in any way.

One final straw lead to Minji saving money for her to move out and leave her family behind. She need to make a decision, after her first semester of college she dropped out. Ever since then, she had been getting odd jobs here and there from being a cafe barista to developing small apps for people. Eventually having to move in with Ms. Choi the woman saw how much the girl was struggling so she took her in.

Through the years she did make somewhat of a name for herself gaining some small traction within the computer science industry. That being said when she cut herself off from her family completely she made it clear she wanted nothing to do with them. Even changing her name in the process from Lee Mi Yong to Kim Minji since she was in high school.

Even with all of the small successes in her life she was still missing something. A sense of friendship. Ever since her move Minji had been so focused on her work that she failed to look around and make connections to people.