Chapter Twenty-Six - Matches

"I don't remember you bringing a girl home last night...who's the chick?" A male voice smirked behind me as I towel dried my hair in the bathroom mirror, back in my white t-shirt and jeans.

"Excuse me?" I turned and raised one of my eyebrows at the male specimen in front of me. Between his trendy haircut and gold Rolex watch with his bright pink t-shirt and skinny jeans it was clear he was of the douche bag variety. His black hair was jelled to one side and his tan skin hinted at a possible Persian ancestry.

"Relax, sweetheart." The man laughed, not bothering to glance up from his cellphone as he addressed me. I could practically feel the steam coming from my ears.

"You're right, I didn't bring her home last night. She came over this morning." Eli interrupted, stepping forward so he was standing between us.

"Oh trust me, I know she came this morning. I think the whole neighborhood heard." Mister douche bag smirked, still not looking up from his cellphone.

"You are disgusting!" I shouted and that got his attention, his dark brown eyes snapping up to meet mine and almost looked...flattered?!

"Thank you, darling." He smiled brightly, his teeth a shade too white against his tan skin. "As fun as this is, can you send this chick home E? We need to catch the chopper for 'Chella...I think Leish is almost ready." My face burned with rage, but my head swam at his lingo and trying to figure out what the hell this fuck boy was even talking about.

"Actually, she's coming with us." Eli grinned and I frowned.

"Coming where?"

"To Coachella. Tommy arranged a helicopter for us and he's got a house that one of his clients is letting us borrow." Eli pulled a white t-shirt over his head that looked so good it should be illegal.

"I'm not going...I don't even have any of my stuff packed." I reasoned.

"So sorry to hear that." Tommy deadpanned. "Looks like your fifteen minutes with E are up."

"Stop being a dick, T." Eli warned, and possessiveness flashed over his chiseled features. "Aves isn't a groupie."

"Oh shit. This is the Avery you won't shut up about?" Tommy laughed, shoving his phone into the tight pocket of his jeans. "I must apologize for my rudeness." He physically bowed at the waist.

"I am Thomas Henry Heravi but you can call me Tommy or T if you're nasty." He joked, and shook my hand fiercely. His palm was all sweaty with black hair blooming on the back, making him feel all fuzzy and wet at the same time.

"Avery Adams." I grunted and he smiled again, too wide, like he was showing me all his teeth.

"Holy shit, E, you didn't tell me that your summer fling was Asher Adams' daughter...he's going to fucking kill you." Tommy laughed loudly and his phone was back glued to the sweaty palm of his hand. "Excuse me, I need to take this. It's Ferrari." He walked from the room and I stared at Eli.

"I'm not going to Coachella with...that." I pointed toward the door.

"He's harmless. Come on, I'll drive you back to your place to pack." Eli rolled his eyes and grabbed for his truck keys off the nightstand.

"I'm serious E I'm not going." I crossed my arms over my full chest.

"Yes you are, even if I have to carry you kicking and screaming." He shoved a black straight-billed Dodgers cap over his still wet hair.

"I'd like to see you try, big guy..." I challenged and a wicked glimmer flickered in his blue eyes.

"Be careful what you wish for." He crossed the room and before I could blink he threw me over his shoulder, striding through the house and out the front door while I half-heartedly kicked and screamed.