Chapter 20

Later that day, school hallway (Your POV):

I was walking down the hall when I saw Lydia storm passed me. When she reached Jackson, she gave him a little push.

"Jackson! This little text? Not funny." She said, I listened in from a distance. "No, I wasn't trying to be funny. I would have put a "haha" at the end of it-- and see? There's no "haha." Jackson said patronizingly. ""Lydia, please give back my spare house key at your earliest convenience, as we are no longer dating." Lydia read out loud.

"You didn't lose it, did you?" Jackson said, faking concern. "What the hell is this?" Lydia asked, now visably shaken. "Well, Lydia, in preparation for some big changes, I've decided to drop some of the dead weight in my life...And you're just about the deadest." Jackson said patronizingly.

"Are you breaking up with me?" Lydia asked sadly. ""Dumping," actually. I'm dumping you." Jackson said again, walking away."Dumped by the co-captain of the lacrosse team? I wonder how many minutes it'll take me to get over that! Wait-- seconds, actually! Seconds!" Lydia screamed. I walked over to her and pulled her into the girls bathroom.

When she saw it was me, she let down her defenses. She started crying and I gave her a big hug. "Please don't cry over a douchebag like him." I said, rubbing her back to comfort her. "I loved him y/n" she said burying her head in my neck. I was going to make him pay for this. Nobody was going to hurt my family and get away with it.

Stiles house (your POV)

I had gotten a text from Stiles to meet him at his house. I knocked on his front door and waited patiently. When the door opened, I saw Derek standing in front of me. I did a double take to see if I was at the right house.

"Stiles is in his room" he said, seeing the confusion on my face. "What are you doing here?" I asked, looking at him while i entered the home. "And by the way, i'm happy you aren't dead." I said, giving him a small smile. "Thanks" he said awkwardly "Stiles is helping me track the text that was send to Allison on the night of the school disaster." He said, making me look at him again. "How are you going to do that?" I said, walking into Stiles' bedroom.

When I saw Danny sitting next to Stiles, realization hit me. Stiles and Danny turned to look at me. Stiles motioned for me to sit and wait. "What's y/n doing here?" Danny asked, looking at me. "I hang out here sometimes, don't mind me." I said, grabbing a book from the shelf and planting me on Stiles' bed.

Danny and Stiles raised their eyesbrows looking at me, both with different emotion behind them. I smiled and focused on the book in front of me. I was sitting up against the headboard. "So, You want me to do what?" Danny asked again, making Stiles look from you to him.

"Trace a text." Stiles said. "I came here to do lab work-- that's what lab partners do." Danny said, making me snicker silently. "And we will! ...Once you trace the text." Stiles said, pointing at the computer screen.

"And what makes you think I know how?" Danny asked defensively. "I-I looked up your arrest report, so—" Stiles said, making me look to him in surprise. "I-I was thirteen. They dropped the charges." Danny said again, defensively. "Whatever." Stiles said, looking at me for a second.

"No, we're doing lab work." Danny said, not budging. I could see him stare at Derek. "Who's he again?" he then asked, pointing towards Derek. "Um, my cousin, Miguel..." Stiles said slowly." ...Is that blood on his shirt?" Danny said, making me look at Derek.

"Yeah. Yes. Well, he gets these horrible nosebleeds. Hey, Miguel... I thought I told you you could borrow one of my shirts?" Stiles said. Derek pulled off his shirt, making Danny and I stare at him. Damn that man had muscles.