Chapter 21

Mccall house (your POV)

Stiles, Scott and I were at Scott's house. We were trying to find Scott's phone. "Call it again." Scott said, looking around him. "It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" I said, looking through his stuff.

"I can't afford a new one, and I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." Scott said, making both Stiles and me scoff. "Well, A) you're not alone, you have me and y/n; and B) didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead." Stiles said.

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha. They're not gonna kill him." Scott said. "All right, so then, just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to find Peter, problem solved." Stiles said. I frowned at his logic.

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own, which means we either find Derek first— Just-just help me!" Scott said. "Well you don't have to worry about tonight, Allison, Lydia and I are going dress shopping together. So i'll be able to watch over her while we are there." I said, which made Scott give le a thankfull smile.

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that? When he was trying to kill you? After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior, here?" Stiles said, making me roll my eyes and silently laugh.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die." Scott said. "Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" Stiles asked. I looked at him with narrowed eyes. "What?" Stiles asked me, which Scott had thought was said to him.

"My mom just got home from work." Scott said, making Stiles and I look at him. "Is she okay? What's she doing?" Stiles asked. "Crying." I said, listening in. "Scott, you can't protect everyone." Stiles said, putting his hand on stiles shoulder. "I have to." Scott said.

Beacon hills mall: (Your POV)

Lydia, Allison and I were dress shopping when Lydia started whining. "Are you sure you want me to go with this stiles guy? Sam has asked me to go tot he dance and he is so dreamy." She said, making me roll my eyes in jealousy.

"Yes, i'm sure. I even invited him here so you get to ask him.' Allison said, making Lydia frown when she saw Stiles. When Stiles saw me, he waved gleefully. I watched Lydia walk over to him and I stood closely, listening in. I acted like I was looking for a dress.

"HI" Lydia said. "Hi!" Stiles said awkwardly and nervously. "Do you want to go to the formal with me?" Lydia flat out asked, her tone of voice like she was frustrated. This made Stiles look behind him. "Me?" he asked her, trying to see if she was joking.

"Yes, you don't have to if you already have a date." She said. Stiles looked around as if he was looking for something. He then turned back to her and said "Ok". I frowned at that. A part of me hoped that he would turn her down and ask me. I looked over to my lef tand saw Allison talking to peter. I walked over there, trying to forget about the Stiles situation.

(Stiles POV)

I saw Lydia walk towards me and was wondering what she could want. "Hi" she said, making me awkwardly respond with Hi. She looked around and then asked me to go tot he formal dance with her. I looked behind me, thinking she must off been talking to someone else. When I saw nobody behind me, i asked "Me?"

She nodded and said that if i already had a date, I didn't have to say yes. I looked around to see if I could spot y/n. I really wanted to go with her, but chances were that she already got a date anyway. Atleast this way i could keep an eye on her and her date. "Ok" i said, making Lydia grimace at me. I didn't want to go with Lydia, but I knew dep down that I could'nt ask y/n either. When I looked to my side, I could see y/n try and get Allison away from Peter.