Chapter 28

<TIME SKIP>

Haechan drove us back home a few hours ago. When we got home I went straight up to my room because I'd been feeling tired.

I sighed and turned on my back for the 10th time already. I've always had trouble falling asleep, and it's starting to get really annoying.

I got out of bed and went on the balcony to get some fresh air, thinking it would help me get tired. I stood out there for a while before I heard someone step onto the balcony.

"What are you doing?" A deep male voice said.

I turned my head and my eyes met with Jaehyun's. I stared at him, confused as to why he asked me what I was doing, when he was the one who came into my room.

"Can't sleep," I cocked my eyebrow, "why are you here?"

He glanced in my direction before standing next to me, "I can't sleep either. Haechan keeps screaming like a madman because of his video games."

I laughed a little, "at 4 in the morning?"

"Yup, he's crazy like that," Jaehyun pressed his lips together, revealing his dimples, "why do you like him again?"

I glanced down at my hands and looked back up, "I don't like him."

He started laughing and put his hand on my shoulder.

"What?" I asked him, smiling, yet confused.

"You can keep telling yourself that, Y/N," he locked his eyes on my face, "you'll only like him more if you say you don't."

I stared at him for a moment before averting my eyes onto the city below us.

"Just don't deny your feelings, especially if you already know how you really feel," he looked at me and sighed, "get some sleep at least. Goodnight."

With that, he walked off the balcony and out of my room. I stayed silent even after he left. I didn't know what to think. My mind was racing with so many thoughts.

He's right. I can't keep denying my feelings for Haechan. I do like Haechan.

I widened my eyes, as I realized what I just told myself. Did I really just say that I like Haechan?

I shook my head and tried my best to keep those thoughts in the back of my mind at all times.

I noticed that there was a bit of sunlight reflecting off of the buildings. It's already sunrise. I didn't realize how long I've been out here for. I let out a heavy breath before walking back into my room.

I stood in the middle of my room, "well, there's no use in going to sleep now, so I'll just get ready."

***

A/N

sorry for the delayed update:'/

also I'd originally planned on putting Mark in Jae's spot, but then I realized that Jae hasn't gotten many parts in the story soo ye

hope you enjoyed!! xoxo

- much love, sophia<3