XLVIII- Oxytocin

I was sitting at the farthest corner of the room as I watched him.

I never felt so proud to anyone even to myself until today. I watched how he graced with calmness yet very authoritative. I can see his passion.. the way he speak and the way his hands move. The way he looked at his client with confidence and the way he intimidates the opposing team.

I watched how his jaw clenched. How he ruled the whole court with his confidence. He stood there like a king and everybody else seems powerless..

I never really see him being like this.. that he can be like this.

"This court is adjourned."

I watched how he and his friends won the case.

I watched how they fought for justice.

He didn't smile but I can see the victory in his eyes.

Everybody was clapping aside from the opposing side, they were all cheering and my heart goes to them.

I bit my lower lip as I stood up to exit the room bago pa niya ako makita. I can't risk him seeing me here.. I don't think it's the right time.

When Martine told me he's been receiving death threats, my first instinct was to run to him—but I stopped myself so I prayed. I really prayed for his protection. Every day inaabangan ko sila sa news, Cane was still messaging me pero late ko na nakikita dahil sa work kaya hindi na din ako nagre-reply.

Today, I can finally breathe a sigh of relief because the case was done. I know, maybe may mga mas malala pa sa susunod but I am really beyond glad na nalagpasan nila to and they were all safe.

My phone pinged the same time I entered my car. I fastened my seatbelt first before opening the message.

It was from Hurricane.

Cane:

I miss you.

I rolled my eyes.

Another message came.

Cane:

Kita tayo:)

I can already imagine his face as he typed those words, and sobrang layo non sa Hurricane na nakita ko kanina.

I really.. I really admire his two sides.

He can go all mushy and makulit, sometimes acting like a child but he can be totally serious and intimidating when he finds the need to.

I was about to type down a reply nang mag-message din si Martine, updating me about the case and inviting me sa party nila mamaya. Hindi ko alam kung sasama ba ako since sobrang tagal na din nong last na nakasama ko silang lahat ng buo. And won't it be awkward? Ex na ako ni Cane tapos sasama ako sa victory party nila?—ugh, damn my logical side.

Ang ending, hindi na ako nakapag-reply sa kanilang dalawa. Dumiretso na lamang ako sa trabaho. Wala naman akong operation ngayon and nag-bago nadin ang shift ko. Mas maaga na akong lumalabas sa hospital. Nakakapanibago at first kasi sanay akong buong araw ko sa trabaho ko lang nilalaan.

I should really have another life.

Agad akong napailing nang mag-appear ang mukha ni Cane. Ugh.

When my shift ended una kong natanaw sa lobby si Martine. She was waving at me like a child. I was wondering at first bakit siya andito since last week nagising naman na si Kenzo and Eric at noong isang araw pa sila naka-labas, when I remembered the party.

Wala talaga akong takas ngayon.

Kay Cane naman talaga ako dapat makikipag-kita but I guess nasa party nadin siya.