History has its eyes on me

Nikel's POV. Singing is in bold. The voices in Nikel's head and Remus singing are in italics. 

I looked at the house that was in ruins. My old house. It had been so much stuff and now it was gone. It survived a global pandemic, it survived a bush fire next-door and it even survived a hurricane. This moment was just like it. Remus and I were in our room. I couldn't sleep. I was terrified. Remus was petrified too. We helped each other get through the storm. We could help each other get through this! But this was different. We had a place to stay that night. Where would we stay if another one hit? What about bandits? What about getting food? I wish that I could've stayed in Race's world. I looked at Remus. He was covered in ash. I helped him up. He looked down. He turned away from me. Full of depression, he started to walk away. "Remus, I know that you are full of grief but we'll get through this. We always have. We're Warners for God's sake! I don't pretend to know the challenges we're facing Remus. You are my big brother and I need you. I love you brother. I really do," I told him. I grabbed his arm. He turned his head.  For a second, his eyes locked with mine. His determined eyes and my tear-stained ones. "I- I'll stay Nikel. I need you, little sis. We need each other," he said. Remus hugged me. For the first time in my lifetime, I was happy to be with my brother. I pulled away from him. I pulled something out of my pocket. There were a locket and a newsie cap. I put the locket on. "Let me tell you what I wish I'd known when I was young and dreamed of glory. You have no control who lives, who dies who tells your story," I looked my brother dead in the eye. "History has its eyes on me," I sang softly. 'Woah, Woah, Woah. Woah. Woah, yeah.' The voices in my head sang. "History had its eyes on me," I sang, looking at my brother. 'Woah, Woah, Woah. Woah. Woah,'  Remus sang with the voices. He saluted me. I ran up the exit of the street, my brother trailing behind me. "History has its eyes on me," I sang. I put the newsie cap on my head and raised my arm. My story wasn't over yet, it was just starting...