10

{Ukraine's POV}

I sneaked out from my room to go to the forest that me and Maple promised to meet. I didn't wanna tell my dad since he will say no. I never really tried but Russia did and dad always says no, so I don't wanna risk it. Sadly my room was in the roof. I got out with the window so now I'm on the roof. There was a big tree near me so I hesitated to jump. I didn't really need to jump that high. I jumped and grab a branch, I put my right leg on the branch and pulled myself up. I exhaled deeply to calm my heart down. I got down from the tree and got out the lawn and ran towards the forest that we wanna meet. It was going to be a special night for us. It was going to be the first time that we will celebrate new years together. Plus, with what Maples older brother said, we can see the fireworks from the forest where we were going to meet. It was like, 11 p.m. and my dad won't be home until 2:30 a.m.. I also got my siblings to help me whenever my dad comes back early. I was running and zigzagging to not bump into anyone. At the entrance of the forest, Maple wasn't here so I took out my notebook and I put a point on my area. I had more than Maple had so I know that for this year, I'll win again. This was going to be my 3rd win in a row. I waited a bit in front of the entrance. I then saw Maple running towards me with a big smile on his face. Our bodies clashed each others when we did a bear hug. After one minute of hugging, we went inside. Maple was guiding me around the forest because he always comes here. We arrived near a cliff. In front of us, there was the big city. Since there was no log or a sitting area, we sat on the grass next to each other. We were chatting about random stuff until we hear some branches breaking from behind. We looked around and I was holding the sleeve of Maple because I'm scared if it was one of our parents.

{Estonia's POV}

Every year, me and Finny was going to celebrate new years together. Normally the fireworks were always at one place but then it changed. Finny found a place where we can watch it and no one can bother us. I didn't mind if there are people with us but Finny dislikes crowded area so we always watch for far away. The place that Finny picked was in a forest. We were walking next to each other and Finny was leading me. We were whispering to each other and we didn't even noticed it. We do it all the time in class and in my house, his house, that we do it every where. I stopped because Finny stopped. He was staring at a spot so I followed his eyes. I saw two people sitting next to each other. They looked like our age so I wanted to say hi. I walked forward a bit but then I broke a branched and it made the two jumped and looked behind. Finny pulled me behind and made me lean on his chest. I covered my mouth to make no noise. We stayed like that for maybe two minutes then the two people finally looked away. I felt like we were in a horror movie and me and Finny are the monsters. I giggled silently from that thought and Finny looked down at me with a weirded out face. I giggled even more and he just rolled his eyes. I took his wrist and got out from our hiding spot.

-Hello there! Do you mind if we sit next to you two? I asked with no hesitation. The two looked behind. I observed both of them with a smile on my face. The male had a maple leaf in the middle and the two colors are red and white. The girl had a kinda standard flag. Top blue and bottom yellow. The boy smiled and nodded and the girl just looked away.

-I'm Canada by the way, you guys can call me Nada! The boy said. -And this is my best friend, Flo- erm, I mean, Ukraine.

-Hi.. Ukraine responded. -You can call me Ukie.

-Well my name's Estonia. If it's to long or hard to say, just call me Esti. I continued.-This is Finland, you can call him Fin. I call him Finny.

Finny answered by waving. We sat next to each other and we talked to get to know each other. We were at the same age so I asked witch school they were gonna go.

-Winter middle school. Ukie answered quickly. I guess I broke the ice that was between us before. Before, Nada was the one who always answered.

-Really? Us too! Say, wanna become friends? So that we know each other and if one of us is sick, we still have others! What do you guys say? I asked happily feeling like a genius. Finny gave a thumbs up. Not a big surprise there since he always agree with me. Sometimes he doesn't and he doesn't hesitate to tell me. Nada had wide eyes and nodded quickly. Ukie was thinking but then nodded. Finny looked down at his watch and had a surprised eyes.

-5... 4... 3... 2... 1... he started.

-HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all screamed and cheered. We started to laugh. I took out the drink that I brought. I didn't think that we will meet new people so I just brought two cups. Luckily Nada brought drinks for them too. The fireworks was launched and we watched with amazed in our eyes. Every time me and Finny watched together, my eyes always had sparkles in them, but this time, it was bigger. I had new friends to watch it at the same time. This day I knew that, I'll have new best friends...

{Author's note}

And that's how they meet. I actually like this history plus it's almost new year so... Happy new year and when I post this, it's almost Christmas so, Happy Christmas! Jesus loves you and so do I

(¬‿¬)