Part 23

Before they knew it, the summer was coming to an end. Stella was about to have to leave for college again.

Stella had almost finished packing up her things to move back to the college apartments. As she finished finished zipping her final suitcase closed, she jumped startled as she noticed Dre watching from her bedroom doorframe with his hands in his pockets.

"Don't be such a weirdo!" She teased as she pulled her suitcase onto the ground and raised the handle.

"Are you sure you have to go?" He said pulling her close, hands on her waist.

"Dre, this is my last semester. Of course I have to go." Stella hugged him. "It's only 12 weeks and don't act like we won't come see each other."

Dre pouted. "You know I'll be in an apartment by myself, right?" Stella smirked.

Dre's eyes got big and she started giggling. "So you'll come see me right?"

"Absolutely", Dre pulled her in for a kiss.

"Stella, honey! You ready to go?" Her mom called from down the hall.

Breaking the kiss, "Yes mom! Meet you at the car in a minute!!!"
***
Later that night, Stella and her mom had just finished unpacking her new apartment. They were waiting for some pizza to be delivered.

Stella was in the middle of making a pitcher of lemonade when a FaceTime call from Dre come in.

"Hi babe", Stella stopped stirring the pitcher.

"Hello, is that your new place?" Dre smiles, he's laying on the couch in the middle of Thomas's room.

"It is! It's it gorgeous?!" She pans the video to show him her kitchen and the view of her living room.

"It looks nice, Stells. I miss you already." He sighs.

"Maybe next weekend you can come down to visit? It's only a few hours away." She bites her lip.

The doorbell goes off, "oh that must be the pizza guy."

"I'll get it!" Stella's mom calls out as she leaves Stella's room.

"I better let you go then, enjoy dinner and text me later? I love you."

"Of course, I love you too." Stella sighs as the screen goes black.

***
"Ugh!!!" Dre let out a huge sigh.

"Yeah dude?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah... This is going to be a long fucking 12 weeks."

"Stella's going to be back before you know it, Ondre."

"You're only saying that because Mia lives with you." He gets up and leaves the room. He slams the door to his room and locks it.

Mia looks at Thomas, "Wow. Um, I'm gonna talk to Stella later and see if there's something going on between them."

"Maybe we should just let it go, let them ride this out together." Thomas sighed.