14 - Meetings

**UNEDITED**

A/N: I'm considering doing a version of this story where Caelan is Alena's mate instead of Griffin. Opinions? 

I woke up, pulling the blanket up to my chest from around my waist where it had fallen. The room was dark and silent, not even Griffin's snores filling it. The door was slightly cracked, and I could see shadows moving on the fireplace wall, showing that someone was in the kitchen.

Feeling around, the other side of the bed was empty, showing Griffin up in the kitchen. He almost always was up before I was, and I took the time to relish in the silence. I curled back up into a small ball and drifted back to sleep.

The door creaking open woke me up the second time, and I reached to turn my lamp on. Griffin was standing before me with a tray of food. I sat up, and he placed the tray on my lap, kissing my forehead gently.

He walked out of the room, and my heart dropped. Soon, though, he returned with a tray of his own and sat on his side of the bed. We began eating, and I grinned at the meal he had brought me. Along with a nice pile of scrambled eggs, there were a few strips of bacon and two slices of toast.

"You know, a lot of people talk about how Alphas are always scary and mean to everyone, even their mates," I said through a bite. "But you make me breakfast."

Griffin laughed. "You haven't seen me training the guards, little light." He swallowed a bite of food. "That person you wouldn't even recognize as your Griff, just Griffin."

"Prince Griffin," I said, grinning mischievously. "And since when is little light a thing? I like it, but it's new."

"Your name means light like you told Mom. And you're a lot smaller than me." He teased.

I rolled my eyes, a huff of air leaving my nostrils. "You're lucky I let you call me any nicknames. I nearly broke Damir's arm a couple of years ago for trying to call me a nickname."

"Look, we're both softies for each other." He laughed. "Eat up, love. Busy day today."

I groaned. "What's going on today?"

"Well, training with the guard and your meeting with Alfonso about your guard situation. Then we have a meeting with Priscilla about how traveling to Lawrence's pack went." I nodded. "I'm making us lunch, just simple sandwiches, nothing to get excited about. After that, you and I have a meeting scheduled for the two of us to discuss your AlphaLuna situation. Then we're free for the evening."

"Can't we just skip to the part where we're free?"

Griffin leaned across the bed and kissed my shoulder. "I cleared tomorrow's schedule. You and I are taking the day off." My eyes lit up, and he smiled at me. "Sadly, though, that means today we have to get work done."

He glanced at his watch, which read 8:37 AM. "We have around 20 minutes until we need to be on the royal training grounds. You can wear normal business casual clothes, and you won't be training today."

"Will you?"

Griffin grinned in response, not giving me a complete answer. Instead, he stood and placed his tray on the bed before walking into the closet, pulling the door shut behind him.

"That wasn't an answer, Griff," I yelled, finishing my food. I piled our dishes onto one tray, then carried the dirty dishes to the dishwasher. I rinsed them off in the sink before moving them to the stainless steel dishwasher and putting them in. I knew our lunch and dinner dishes would join them, so I didn't start the cycle.

I walked back to the bedroom, where Griffin had walked out of the closet. I took in his look. A pair of black sweatpants hung low on his frame, and his top was shirtless as he pulled on a grey tee shirt. I stared at his abs until the shirt covered them, then pouted. He laughed and pulled his shirt up a little to show his stomach. I stuck my tongue out and walked into the closet, grabbing a yellow button-up and black slacks. I changed in the closet, then went to the bathroom to deal with my hair and brush my teeth. I put some light makeup on, then walked out of the bathroom and to our office, where Griffin was sitting at his desk staring out the window.