26 - Coronation

**Unedited**

Finally, Valentine's day was here, but this day was more than just a celebration of romance. I was to be Queen and the wife of my true mate.

Cece woke me up this morning and was helping me prepare for the coronation. I wore a yellow gown with capped sleeves that slightly brushed the floor. I wore a new pair of black ballet flats, avoiding the heels until I had to wear them.

Until Sloane arrived at my door to escort me to the coronation hall, I paced back and forth in my private study. I knew that everything would be okay, but I also worried about how smooth everything would go. I knew what I had to do, and it was easy to remember what I needed to say. I was more worried about stumbling or being terrified by the crowds. Once Sloane was at my door, and I saw a familiar face, her presence calmed me considerably.

Griffin met us at the door outside the coronation hall, and we soon heard the music change.

"You're going to be a wonderful queen, Alena," Griffin said, taking my hand gently.

I smiled at him, my hands feeling clammy due to my nerves. "Only because I'll rule alongside you, Griff." The doors opened, and we entered the hall. I took the time to observe Griffin's outfit. He wore a simple pair of black pants and black shoes, but his top was his royal army top, and it was well decorated.

After taking in my strikingly handsome man, I turned back to the hall. All of the Alphas were present, and all of their mates sat with them. I smiled at Calliope and couldn't wait to catch up with her. Once we reached the end of the walkway, we took our spots at the altar, kneeling.

Brennan stepped forward and stood facing us. He greeted the crowd, then turned to us.

"Griffin Nocleotune, Crown Prince of the Nocleotune Kingdom, today we gather to bestow upon you the role of King of the Nocleotune. Do you accept this role?"

Griffin bowed his head. "I do." I smiled lightly.

"Do you swear to protect the Nocleotune Kingdom and your royal family through all endeavors?"

"I do."

Brennan's eyes welled with tears. "Do you promise to be mindful of the future King or Queen, your children, and guard over them in their pursuit of leadership, and agree to relinquish the title when the proper time comes?"

Griffin's eyes watered, and he squeezed my hand tightly. "I do."

Brennan turned to me and asked me the same questions. I answered in the same way that Griffin did for each question, then Brennan added an extra question.

"Do you swear your loyalty not only to the Nocleotune Kingdom but also to the royal family, as it currently is and as it grows in the future?"

I smiled at King Brennan. "I do."

"As presiding King of the Nocleotune Kingdom, I now bestow upon you both the residence as the royal couple of Nocleotune. Griffin, I pronounce you King Griffin Nocleotune." Brennan lifted Griffin's crown from its pillar and placed it on his head, smiling at his son. Brennan then turned to me. "Alena, I pronounce you Queen Alena Nocleotune." He rested my crown on my head.

"People of Nocleotune, I am pleased to relinquish my power and introduce to you the new King and Queen, King Griffin and Queen Alena!" The room erupted in cheers, and Griffin and I rose from the altar. We turned to face the people, and I grinned at my friends. We slowly made our way down the center aisle, waving at our friends and toward the cameras posted in the back of the room. Once we made it to the back of the hall, the red lights turned off of the camera, and everyone in the room seemed to make a big sigh of relief.