23 - Relief

A/N:

Hey Y'all, I don't know if you follow me and get my updates, but I recently shared an update that basically said this: I have worked my weeks away writing this story. I would write and post multiple chapters a day and still be rigorously editing them.

I realized how overwhelmed I was getting with writing and the expectations I was putting on myself were unrealistic. Now that I've started writing at my own pace, I've been writing more eloquently, and I hope you enjoy these chapters more now that I'm focusing on self-care while writing. <3 - Liv

**EDITED**

After finishing the movie, we all settled on the porch to watch the sunset. I lifted my glass of champagne and toasted it to the group. "To Damir and Cece, for a lifetime of prosperity and joy in all you do."

Damir grinned. "And to my baby sister and Griffin, may you reign for our lifetimes and longer."

We all tapped our glasses gently together and drank, the smooth champagne sliding down our throats.

"So, Damir, have you given any thought to what I mentioned earlier?" I asked, tilting my body slightly to face my brother. All four of us knew what the conversation was going to entail, but starting it wasn't easy.

He nodded, his face twisting an expression that I couldn't quite read. "Cece and I talked about it, and we would be grateful to accept the position, so long as you have no desire for it."

Griffin laughed. "Alena has been trying to find someone to receive the status since she realized the weight of the AlphaLuna title." He rubbed my back gently. "She wants to stay involved in Frostclaw because she feels they have been neglected over the past few months, but she also knows how much there is to be done on the royal grounds, especially with us taking the monarchical position near the beginning of the year."

"Are you truly?"

Griffin and I nodded, leaning into each other. "In just a few short months, Alena will be Queen, and I will be King."

"To the Nocleotunes!" Cecilia lifted her glass.

Cecilia and I had grown much closer over the past hours, and I was glad to see her being mates with my brother. She was quiet around larger crowds and still didn't talk much with Griffin and me, but she was hilarious and a great storyteller. Damir needed someone to calm down his crazy antics, and I knew Cece could do it well.

"And to the Whites." I smiled. I was no longer a member of the White family by name, but I was blessed to have been one for so long. "The new Alpha and Luna of the Frostclaw pack."

Griffin smiled brightly at them, and I couldn't help but match the energy he put forth.

"What will happen with Cece's position as your guard?" Damir asked, holding Cecilia around the waist.

I nodded. "While I would love to have Cece remain on my team, it would just be a generally unsafe practice. Frostclaw would never rest when I left the royal grounds, and Cece wouldn't be able to dedicate enough time to the pack if she was too worried about me."

"You do need to pick your advisory team, Alena." Griffin rubbed my shoulders gently. I nodded, having forgotten about that in the insanity of picking a new Alpha.

"I promise to keep Cece in mind as I choose my team. I would be honored to have you serve to support me."

Cece smiled as I spoke. "I would be honored to serve you, Luna Alena."

"Please, Cece, just Alena works. You're my sister now. Just because I have a title higher than yours does not mean you must always use it. In meetings, it must be used, but at home or in personal settings, do not feel obligated at all."