Epilogue

**Unedited**

**Nine years later**

Griffin's arms wrapped around my waist as I stood in the kitchen, and I broke out in a fit of laughter. Servants glanced over to see what led to my outburst but quickly turned their heads to give us some privacy.

"My Queen, I do believe we have an event planned for this evening." He pressed his lips against my neck, tickling me with the stubble on his chin.

I rolled my eyes. "My King, I will not be attending any event with you if you don't go upstairs and clean that hair from your chin." I caught his cheeks in my hand and squeezed gently, puckering his lips out. I kissed his cheek and escaped from his grasp, squeezing out of the kitchen and taking off in a sprint toward the library. Once I slid in, I pushed the door shut and made my way for the hidden room.

"Theodore, Felicity, quickly, don't tell your father where I am." The two nodded and resumed their studies as I slipped behind the bookshelf. I settled onto the couch and reached toward the mini-fridge, grabbing a bottle of wine and a chilled glass.

I heard the door of the library open, and Griffin's voice filled the space. "Theo, Lici, have you seen Mama?" He asked the twins, and I cringed, hoping that Felicity could hold firm. I knew that Theodore could, but I was unsure of Felicity's ability to lie to her father. She was a daddy's girl through and through.

"I saw her, but she said that you aren't allowed to see her yet. She's planning a surprise." Theodore smartly answered. If a surprise meant he would eventually find me sipping wine in my most private room, he was going to get a surprise.

Griffin laughed. "Felicity, is this true?"

"Uh-huh, Papa." Her sweet voice came out shaky, and I knew I was caught. I poured myself a glass of sweet wine and sipped it, knowing how quickly he would enter my private room. I contemplated trying to sneak out the back door, but he would be hot on my tail, and I didn't quite have the energy to run anymore.

"Are you sure I'm not going to find her in her hidden room?" Griffin's voice grew closer, and I tucked my legs under me. I watched the entrance where he would soon enter.

Felicity's laugh filled my ears, and I knew that Griffin had caught her into his arms and was tickling her.

Theodore spoke softly, "Papa, don't make Mama mad, please."

A groan left Griffin's lips, and I knew there was a slight chance I had a bit of safety. "I guess I could go do what Mama wants and then come back to see her, huh?"

"That would be smart, I think." Theodore had inherited Griffin's knack for speech and my kind heart. Felicity had a wild spirit that we attributed to her spending so much time at her Uncle Damir's and Auntie Cece's, but she also had a love for everyone around her and struggled to find flaws in anyone.

"Can I at least go in and tell her that I love her?" Griffin asked, and Felicity answered affirmatively. Before Theo could reject the idea, the door swung open, and Griffin, carrying Felicity, walked in.

Theo rushed to my arms. "I tried, Mama. Papa's a bad listener." I kissed his forehead, and he hurried back into the main room of the library.

"Papa is a bad listener, isn't he?" I asked Felicity, poking at her tummy. She giggled and nodded, then took off after her brother. Griffin sat on the couch next to me and lifted the wine glass from my hand, taking a small sip. "Still drinking strawberry wine?"

I nodded. "Remember when we got married, and I was still too young to drink legally in most of the packs?"

"It's not my fault you married an old man." Griffin laughed, handing my glass back to me.

I took a long drink and sat it on the table next to me. Griffin's arms swallowed my waist, and I traced his forehead lines with my finger. "You are getting old, Griff."

"You did not!"

I laughed at his shocked expression. "You are turning 35 in just a few months, dear." I kissed his cheek gently, trying to avoid the stubble. "And I will only be turning 28."

"Am I old, or are you just very young?"

"Both, now go shave so we can go out." I stood, grabbing my glass. Griffin followed me out of the room, one hand still holding my waist. I stopped at Felicity and Theodore's table. "What are you two working on today?"

"Pack history." Felicity groaned. "Theo loves it, but I want to go outside and paint."

I ruffled Theodore's brown hair, and his blue eyes peered up at me. "We're studying River Keepers. That's where you're from, right Mama?"

I smiled. "Yes, Uncle Damir and I grew up in River Keepers. Where do we live now?"

Felicity jumped at the challenge. "You live here, on the royal grounds, and Uncle Damir lives in Frostclaw."

"Good job. You can take a break and go outside if you would like. Take Auntie Sloane or Auntie Priscilla with you." Felicity and Theo hugged Griffin and me before taking off toward the door. Griffin and I cantered to the wing of the castle where our room was, and he made his way to the bathroom, quickly getting to work on shaving. I dressed in a tight, short red dress and pulled out a trusty pair of black flats.

Not only was I living the dream as Queen, but I had the best Prince and Princess a mother could ask for.

It's a good thing I woke up in time for that meeting ten years ago. 

~~~~

Questions for you from the Author:

Who was your favorite character?

Who was your least favorite character?

What was your favorite scene?

What spin-offs would you be interested in?

Thanks for your input!