Chapter 27: Finalizations

Short Chapter!

Age:15

Phillip caught me off guard, of course, but I smoothed it out by laughing it off.

Why?

That's too heavy!

Vincent returned home, and of course Gerald was in tow, laughing and rambling. Phillip was silent, and quietly left after bowing politely to me.

Vincent rudely interrogated me.

School starts in 3 days... and my anxiety was high.
Vincent kept whining that I didn't need to go if I didn't want to...
but school was a must if you had the blessing of a fairy. Especially a fairy contract like mine.
Vincent was blessed by an earth fairy. He would also need to attend next year.

The even bigger problem was Xavier hasn't been seen since I've received lessons from Gerald. I worried about the giant cat...
Ricin even searched for him, but no trails were left for us to discover.
Xavier was good at disappearing.
Ricin comforted me by telling me he would be fine but...

I was forced to sleep it off.

*Third Person*

Once the lights of the Vermillion estate extinguished for the night, a figure clad in all black stealthily slipped in.

Down the extensive corridors, and extravagant halls, the figure leisurely strolled. Gloved hands delicately touched the walls as he passed, easily avoiding the occasional guard which patrolled.

The figure finally stopped in front of two wide double doors. Hard oak was methodically carved to have detailed depictions of nature and wildlife in the wood.
The figure placed his hand over the carvings for a moment, before opening and closing the doors swiftly. Slipping into the feminine room decorated in delicate creams and whites. The walls were somewhat plain compared to the halls which left an impression of wealth.
A large canopy bed was the center of the bedroom, blankets and pillows occupied the main space, but a small lonely figure could be spotted, curled up on the bed.

Rosalia De Vermillion. Long silky pink hair was draped around her like a halo, while her sleeping figure was tightly clutching a pillow as she slept with uneven breathing.

The figure graciously moved towards the bed, gazing at the sleeping girl. Bright blue eyes took in her slightly scrunched eyebrows, and lightly sweaty skin.
She always told him that she didn't sleep well at night.
This was his first time to see it... she had always slept primarily well when near him.

He quickly weighed his options.

He only came to check up on her, not stay any longer.

Though the way she desperately clutched the pillow, as if it could protect her, made his heart ache.

She was a heavy sleeper...
he sighed softly, before removing his cloak, gloves, and boots.

Her fairy cat was no where to be seen either.

Easily slipping into bed with the young girl, he gently picked her small form up into his arms, cradling her.

"Tiny..." he murmured as he watched in fascination and mild amusement, as she instantly nestled herself in his arms. Her small hand cling to his shirt now, and he couldn't resist gently touching her other. His eyes widened a bit as her small fingers held his hand.

She was soft...

He hadn't been able to ever touch her with his bare skin.

Gingerly, he released himself from her grip, before moving his hand to brush away a few strands of her hair away from her face.
Her face was more relaxed now, and her breathing was deeper than before.
He grimace... only she could sleep so peacefully in his arms.
Anyone else would feel disgust and resentment at his touch.

Only the idiot in his arms wouldn't care.

He knew she left to train, to become "stronger". Yet this tiny fool could have her neck snapped in an instant by him. It wouldn't even take much pressure.

Obviously her body couldn't properly sense danger. Though most humans fell into the same category. They didn't have predatory instincts like himself.

Looking at her so peacefully sleeping distracted him from such thoughts.

He stared for a moment...

Before softly tracing a finger down her cheek, his thumb grazing her small lips.

The idiot kept waiting in the forest for him. She never forgot about him.

Hell, even a crazy person wouldn't have the courage to approach a magical beast... let alone his kind.

Narrowing his eyes, he leaned down...
Lightly kissing her forehead, before laying her back down on the bed.

"Just know I gave you plenty of opportunities to run..." he murmured, before turning and exiting through the window.