Chapter 29: Falling Expectations

Kai.

This man...

I went to bed completely dazed.
The incredible handsome man was in short... a sin! A literal sin to humanity! Who made such a godly man? Who in heaven dared to create a dark angel and sent him to me like this? I want retribution for my near death experience.

Before I left the garden, he even leaned close to my ear and said "Until next time princess"

I can't handle that! I almost coughed up blood like a common pervert. I have never blushed so much in the entire existence of my soul.
If Rosalia from the game had met him, she wouldn't even look twice at that two faced gorilla prince. Even now, my heart hadn't calmed.

"Kai..." I couldn't help but whisper his name on my lips.
I cursed myself. He's obviously a player! He's too smooth, too good.

I forced myself to fall asleep. Ricin was sprawled out on a pillow beside me, snoring.

I swear this cat is not a fairy. I nearly forgot his real appearance.

The Academy was quite. Guards occasionally roamed, checking between the male and female dorms, as well as the boarders of the school.

No one noticed a black shadow swiftly moving about in the darkness, no sounds.

The shadow moved along the shadows until it reached the female dorms.
Quietly, the shadow scaled to the very top window on the west wing, before easily slipping inside.

A small figure was on the bed, the shadow observed the pink haired girl twitching occasionally as she slept.
It could not be called peaceful.

The white cat beside her was in a much more enviable dream.

The shadow moved with no sound, towards the sleeping girl.
A hand moved out from the shadow towards her form, before a low voice made it freeze.

"I would think twice before touching a single strand of hair on her head"
The shadow panicked, looking in the direction of a corner of the room.
Slowly, a lithe figure sauntered out from the darkness. Electric blue eyes flashed with killing intent, a frown present on a cold face.

The shadow trembled. Exposed.

The cold faced man sneered, revealing a long pair of canines that would make any normal person faint.
The shadow moved to retreat before a formidable hand grasped its throat, no noise came from the shadow, but the pressure from the man was enough to make the shadow nearly crumble.

"If you're looking for trouble, I'll gladly play with you" He grinned, a malicious air coming from him. Before the two vanished from the room.

Rosalia remained asleep, Ricin slowly woke from some strange noise, but found nothing out of the ordinary before drifting off to sleep again.