Chapter 13: The Mansion (full version)

Walking into the mansion just took my breath away. Automatically I loved it, when you first walked in there was a huge staircase that would fit three people to walk up at once. We turned left into the kitchen, which was the size of my bedroom and my brothers. It was simple, a black island with a stove on the very end, cabinets lining the whole room and counters below them. The counters were black as well but were empty. There was a refrigerator at the very end of the kitchen next to the dishwasher, a sink on the other end that was huge, above that was a window, the length of three. After walking through the kitchen we walked past the pantry and he lead me into the dinning room which was even bigger, a table lay in the middle of the room a brown, four legged, table that would fit ten people. A clear glass window acted as a wall, led to the backyard.

Leaning upon the wall, I stared out the window/wall, seeing the huge two acres of land shocked me. I could see trees in the far back that was beautiful. It was dark but I could still see them. On the patio there was a hot tub on one side, a pool on the other and a big deck (covered by a roof) was farther down, not that far maybe five-six feet, with a table identical to the one in the dining room.

I was interrupted by Jared who pulled me along as we walked through a open door leading to the Tyler library. In this library the white walls held photos of the family. It was like a memory wall, photos of the Tyler's as babies (Greg, Jared, Ryan, Logan, Sarah and Ashlee). Then they had photos of Greg and Sarah's graduation and Ashlee, Ryan and Jared's eight grade promotion. Farther down, I walked and looked at family photos, trips to Wild Waves, Disney Land, Silver Wood. Then there was photos of the family picnics, their kids birthday parties, childhood friends and family holiday gatherings. It was amazing how well the family bonded.

Finally at the end I saw his parents on the wedding day, fifth anniversary, tenth anniversary, fifteenth, and twentieth anniversary. I was in awe and Jared must've noticed because he was in the doorway smiling. He walked over to me, wrapped his arms around me and kiss my cheek, "It's amazing how well our family bonds isn't it?"

I smiled and shook my head, but the bookshelves caught my eye. I scanned all ten bookshelves with my eyes, fingering the ends of each book on the second row of each shelf until I felt a rubber book. When I picked it up I immediately dropped it, looking at the cover over and over again, I put it back, "The Book of Mormon" flashed through my head giving me a headache. Jared sighed and waved me over to the window seat. Laying my on his shoulder I looked outside like him. He was cold, really cold, but I didn't care. The rain slammed against the window, making loud noises that interrupted my train of thought, tonight was really scary, it never rain this bad, specially not the wind which I could tell was already at sixty miles per hour.

He got up from the seat and took my hand, pulling me off the seat and into the hallway, more pictures ran down the wall and before I knew it we were on the right side of the mansion. The first and only room was the living room which extended from the very back to the very front. From my view, I saw nothing but shelves and shelves of DVDs and TV seasons. The carpet pressed against my foot and it felt amazing. Jared kept walking and I followed, leading me to the middle of the room, there laid the biggest TV I could ever imagine, seventy inches at least. It hung on top the wall and below it was a small shelf that kept the DVD player, the Xbox 360, Wii, and Play Station 3. Below that was two drawers, glass, so I couldn't see through them, the first held the remotes and the second held the controllers. On the far wall against the wall was a huge white couch wrapping the wall which had twelves seats.

Finally we walked to the small area which held the recliners and the fireplace. It was amazing, this mansion was absolutely amazing. Jared turned around, stilling holding my hand and leaned in closer to me, it was odd because the lights weren't on but I could still see. "Shall we go to floor two?" He asked me. I skipped the response and led him to the stairs.