Chapter 12: The Check

After they got their food we started eating right away, the burgers and fries are legendary here, it's a town legend, and everyone knows this place.

By the time we were all done we heard the rain bang against the glass, making the waiters at the bar turn the T.V. up. "And in local news," the weather reporter started, "a huge storm is headed its way, rushing in from the mountains. It's going to be huge so I suggest you get inside because the rain will get to four buckets a minute and the winds at sixty miles per hour."

"Holy shit..." I whispered. Everyone looked at me and I blushed. "We better get going. Hey waitress? Can we get the bill?" She smiled and walked over here.

"Will it be one or separate?"

"I'll take care of it, so one!" She walked back to put it in and Jared took out his wallet. "What are you doing?"

"I'm taking out my wallet... to pay." He rolled his eyes as if it was obvious.

"No you're not!" I shut his wallet and he opened it again. "Put it away! I arranged this and I'm paying!"

He sighed and walked up to her, handing her his credit card. She took and swiped, handing him back it and the receipt. Walking back to the table, I got mad. "What the fuck Jared? I said I'd pay." She came back and took our plates, quickly and walked away sensing the fight.

"And I said I'd pay. It's no big deal okay? I can pay for it, it's no problem." What was his deal? I told him I was paying.

Taking out my wallet I counted sixty dollars, I saw the receipt say sixty dollars even and handed it to him. He shook his head and didn't take it. "I will not take your money!" He yelled at me, frightening me. It was the first time he ever yelled, it shocked me. I put it back in my wallet and Ryan and Kaylyn stood up.

"We better go," he started and grabbed Kaylyn's coat, putting it on her. Then putting his on, he saw the rain and Dorian looking at it, nervous. "You need a ride?"

Dorian looked over and smiled. "Yes please!"

"Well I'm spending the rest of the day with Kaylyn since mom and dad are out so I won't be home until late. Is that okay?" Ryan hugged his brother goodbye and Jared shook his head yes.

They walked out and we just stood there, staring at the windows for about five minutes. Finally Jared walked over and pulled my chair out for me. "We better go before it gets worse." He took my hand and we walked to the entrance. He saw I didn't have a coat and took his off, putting it on me. As we walked out the streets were flooded with water, the raining was coming down in buckets at a time, splashing everywhere. I ran to the passenger door and got in, slamming it shut quickly. He looked at me and frowned.

The truck was nice, small, but nice. It has a radio and CD player in the middle, above the heat control and the steering wheel was huge. The rain kept pounding against his windshield and he flinched. Finally he leaned over and kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry..." He whispered.

I kissed him back, grabbing his cheeks and wrapping my arms around his neck. I scratched his back then took my hands and felt his warm chest and fingered his abs. He bit my lip and giggled, his body heat kept me warm like my own human blanket. I broke apart and he started at me. "I'm sorry but what did you apologize for?"

"I lashed out at you when you were just trying to pay and I... I got mad and when I get mad I freak out and sometime I yell..." He was speaking really fast as if he was nervous. I pulled him into a hug and kiss his neck, hushing him.

"Stop, stop, and its okay I wasn't mad. You scared me yes, but I wasn't mad I promise." I brushed my fingers through his hair and he whispered to me.

"You think maybe you'd want to... Come over? My parents are gone for tonight on a business trip and Ryan won't be home for a while, he's with Kaylyn. I don't want to be alone tonight, I just want to snuggle up close and be with you." I couldn't believe my ears, the words I longed forever were finally here. It was just getting to me now though, I was his boyfriend. "You want to?"

"Yeah of course, I'd love that."

We were on the highway for about twenty minutes now, and I kept going over and over again on the words "I just want to snuggle up close and be with you." Just the words, with you, it gets me. He interrupts my thoughts but I have asked him to repeat himself. "We're almost there, another five minutes."

He turned off into this passage to the woods. It was dark out now and it scared me how he lived so far from Steilacoom and in the woods. Turning again I saw a glimpse of a huge mansion. Finally we entered these gates that said "T" I was guessing for Tyler, their last name. He opened the truck door and got out, taking his wallet. It was pouring out and I felt bad but he got out a card that he swiped it, which opened the gates and got back in the truck.

When we drove through the gates we drove on a road for about two acres of land before we reached the garage. He drove in and I just stared at the glass wall. It had a beautiful view of his back yard and its trees behind his mansion. "Shit." I heard his shout.

He got back into the car and looked at me. "I forgot the key so we have to go to the front." He took off his jacket and handed it to me. I looked at him for a second and he sighed. "It's raining. I have spare clothes but you don't... so let's not get you wet." He winked at me and smiled, "Yet."

I got out of the car and put the jacket on. Walking out of the garage it shut by itself. The house was huge, three stories and the whole first floor was see-through. I saw the living room, the kitchen and even the stairs. Walking up the stairs leading to the front I glanced and saw how nice their front yard was decorated. Finally he took my arm and said "look at this, I forgot my key but our door has a scanner so I can just scan my hand and it detects I'm a Tyler and open the door." When the scanner was finished and the door clicked, I stepped inside and in that moment was it I realized... My boyfriend lived in a fucking mansion.